PDA

View Full Version : Forum Title

sisemen
16th Feb 2010, 06:58
A forum for the professionals who fly the non-civilian hardware, and the backroom boys and girls without whom nothing would leave the ground

Perhaps it should be Military Aviation not Aircrew. How 'bout it Mods? :ok:

Wholigan
16th Feb 2010, 08:36
How about "Military Bitchfest" ?

:E:E:E

BEagle
16th Feb 2010, 08:47
Two Winged Master Race A forum for the professionals who fly the non-civilian hardware, without whom there would be no need for the backroom boys and girls....... Army, Navy and Airforces of the World and even navigators are all equally welcome here - just as long as they remember their place.

:E

parabellum
16th Feb 2010, 08:55
Only 'Two Winged' BEags? You are obviously not thinking helicopter!;)

Seldomfitforpurpose
16th Feb 2010, 08:56
Maybe the resident Troll has a point :(

Wholigan
16th Feb 2010, 08:57
Or Tiger Moth (damn - there I go again - showing my age!).

airborne_artist
16th Feb 2010, 09:06
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b24/KamelRed/not_this_****_again.jpg

London Eye
16th Feb 2010, 09:40
BEagle said:

Two Winged Master Race A forum for the professionals who fly the non-civilian hardware, without whom there would be no need for the backroom boys and girls....... Army, Navy and Airforces of the World and even navigators are all equally welcome here - just as long as they remember their place.

But would he be allowed in under the 'present tense' terms that he proposes? :p

SASless
16th Feb 2010, 11:22
I wuz thinking.... Officers Mess, RAF Pprune .

Pontius Navigator
16th Feb 2010, 11:32
SASless, you'll have MGD and A_A after you. And Al R.

But I agree with London Eye :}

Doctor Cruces
16th Feb 2010, 11:39
Hey London Eye,

Without the backroom boys and girls you wouldn't have anything to play with or anywhere to take it to prove your Two Winged Mastery (bow, cringe, tug forelock). So you may feel free to turn your last statement round!!
:ok:

Doc C

SASless
16th Feb 2010, 11:46
PN, I should wish it was only a three man Posse that was after me in these parts!;)

The RAF continues to get down sized and the Posse will convert to a mere "Wanted Poster" on a Post Office Wall somewhere.:E

alisoncc
16th Feb 2010, 12:00
Without the backroom boys and girls you wouldn't have anything to play with

Should refuse to fix it next time he breaks it. That'll teach him to show respect.

BEagle
16th Feb 2010, 12:01
For those who didn't work sufficiently hard at school to learn that irony isn't "..like goldy and bronzy, only it's made of iron" (as Baldrick once put it), I wasn't actually being serious about the Two-Winged Master Race proposal (which, incidentally, refers to the Flying Badge, not the configuration of one's aerial steed).

Perhaps Military Crewroom? PPRuNe comment has often been likened to the sort of things raised in crewrooms of yore, after all.

Two's in
16th Feb 2010, 12:28
Well I must just be lucky, being a pilot and having complete confidence with the size of my penis to the extent that I seldom need to mention them together in the same sentence.:uhoh:

Pontius Navigator
16th Feb 2010, 12:43
Hey London Eye,

Without the backroom boys and girls you wouldn't have anything to play with

Doc, the way I read it, LE was refering to the present tense that BEages used and not to any limitation to 2-winged masters or otherwise.

I read it that BEages was meaning current and thereby excluding KOS like he and me. :}

London Eye
16th Feb 2010, 13:17
PN,

Thank you kind sir! Nice to see that somebody understands irony!

LE

Trumpet_trousers
16th Feb 2010, 13:22
... you'd better watch out, Beagle's about :)

BEagle
16th Feb 2010, 15:20
Hi TT - is the 32-blade masterpiece flying today?

forget
16th Feb 2010, 15:43
SASless. I wuz thinking.... Officers Mess, RAF PPRuNe .

Not a hope in hell. Not with an apostrophe missing. :eek:

Fire 'n' Forget
16th Feb 2010, 16:14
and the backroom boys and girls without whom nothing would leave the ground

I am surprised 'Cocktail Party Cruise Lines' have not put in a forum title change request to justify the inclusion of the carriers yet :}

SASless
16th Feb 2010, 16:24
Aw...give a guy a break....it is my second language you know Guv! :oh:

'Merican being my first!

sisemen
18th Feb 2010, 08:47
Maybe the resident Troll has a point

Troll??? Not me guv. Yer must be confusing me with someone else

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b24/KamelRed/not_this_****_again.jpg

Nope. It's not the usual slangfest between the two winged master race and the rest - it's more of a philosophical discussion as to the title of the forum that most accurately reflects what goes on here.

Personally, I don't really give a stuff as I have a foot in both camps, as it were. I just think that the word "aviation" covers a broader church than "aircrew"

Data-Lynx
18th Feb 2010, 10:27
According to the UK Border Agency under "CRM2.1 Legislation and aircrew", Section 33(1) of the Immigration Act 1971 defines crew members as:
all persons actually employed in the working or service of an aircraft, including the captain.

All you need is an 'official flying badge' and UK identification with a current photograph. It goes on to specifically disclude snowdrops and other security types, so it cannot be all bad.

Gnd
18th Feb 2010, 16:59
Officers Mess, RAF PPRuNe

Would that mean it becomes even more RAF bias as I presume NCOs would not be invited? Figures!