PDA

View Full Version : Boeing 777 DEC position (Europe)

Netset
16th Feb 2010, 05:05
I'm sure many in the ME will apply for this given the present situation.

B777 Line Captains PP27 - 1400699164 - Flight Jobs (http://www.flightglobal.com/jobs/job/b777-line-captains-pp27-europe-1400699164.htm)

Boeing 777-300ER
16th Feb 2010, 05:24
Parc Aviation on behalf of a national carrier is recruiting experienced B777 Line Captains

Which national airline operates B777's apart from BA,AF,AZ and Austrian?

sleeve of wizard
16th Feb 2010, 05:31
Turkish Airlines?

fatbus
16th Feb 2010, 06:26
Turkish needs 50+ 777 Capt's now, EU commute, EK might just find themselves suddenly more short

expat400
16th Feb 2010, 09:25
Nope.

An airline that offers a safe job with fast upgrade possibilities flying new shiny widebodies for a tax free salary will never be short of pilots.
They might just need to have a larger training organisation to cover the losses but that's the only problem.

kiwi
16th Feb 2010, 09:48
Expat 400
EK offer neither of the two things you mention in your post,these days.
F/O under training sacked for making and input error into the FMC. Even training management weren't able to save the guy's job! Other people sacked just to put a head on a spike as a warning to the rest. Hardly a safe job.
Average upgrade time going much closer to National Flag carrier time to command, so I don't agree with your assesment.

EFC 3 DAYS
16th Feb 2010, 09:49
It is indeed Turkish Airlines. I enquired about it last week with one of the two agencies representing Turkish and found that the base is Istanbul, about 8700 euro a month and you pay for your own housing. An okay job if you are unemployed. Not exactly ideal if you are currently employed as you will probably be on the street in 12 months after joining because they are only offering a 12 month contract...... renewable of course :E

expat400
16th Feb 2010, 09:56
Kiwi

Safe as in no risk for being laid off due reduction in numbers. Something most joiners probably experienced.

Fast upgrade compared to most other options available today. Show me a national carrier (that is hiring) where you get a command in 4-7 years?

5star
16th Feb 2010, 10:24
me thinks expat-guy received some internet credit from the bosses to blast some much needed EK-P.R. on this forum. Good luck to him.

Whoever it is, th'll have a hard time getting guys at 8.7K euro....

oz in dxb
16th Feb 2010, 10:50
Add another 1000 euro and...........

Manilo72
16th Feb 2010, 10:53
It is indeed Turkish Airlines. I enquired about it last week and found that the base is Istanbul, about 8700 euro a month and you pay for your own housing. An okay job if you are unemployed. Not exactly ideal if you are currently employed as you will probably be on the street in 12 months after joining because they are only offering a 12 month contract...... renewable of course http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/evil.gif

In the advertisement it is stated that it's a permanent position.Could you enlighten us?

bye

EFC 3 DAYS
16th Feb 2010, 11:09
What enlightenment would you like?
Last week, according to the agency representing Turkish its a 12 month contract. 1500PIC on 777 required. 11000 Total Time required.
Pay is low, prospect of unemployment in 12 months is high.
Probably the worst 777 PIC job available at this time.

Manilo72
16th Feb 2010, 11:16
I thought it was a permanent contract as it it stated in the advertisement,that's all.

All the best with your job search :ok:

sheikmyarse
16th Feb 2010, 11:52
8700 euros is roughly 45000 dhs at current exchange rate and that is far more of what an average EK Captain makes now a day. If you count the benefit you may have a point but what is the benefit of living in a dusty, unfriendly and fukuked up place like Dubai. Istanbul is is far from an expensive city to live in and moreover is a secular country with decent climate and a real culture.It is a permanent contract.

palm
16th Feb 2010, 12:08
43600 AED exactly, not enough for a 12 month contract indeed?

Nightfire
16th Feb 2010, 13:09
No, not tempting.
The salary of around 43.000 Dirhams (equivalent) is okay.
The environment also has its advantages over Dubai.
But a 12-month contract in exchange for a permanent job - never! Maybe if you can get unpaid leave from EK meanwhile it might be a different story, but I doubt it.

CAT3A
16th Feb 2010, 15:10
Turkey is not in Europe

Wizofoz
16th Feb 2010, 15:48
Turkey is not in Europe

Errr...it is actually. It's not in the E.U, which is a political grouping, but it is on the European continent.

Marooned
16th Feb 2010, 16:35
It is an option at least some will give serious consideration to, other opportunities will follow. Where else will they get 777 pilots who are actively looking for options to come? If they don't the package will improve but the source will be the likes of EK.

EK will lose more and more type rated, experienced pilots only to replace them by inexperience non-rated.

You can only say 'if you don't like it leave' so often before we actually leave and we will. FUEK: third world and third rate.

Boeing 777-300ER
16th Feb 2010, 16:53
Guys I am not sure however I don't think it is Turkish Airlines. The reason is that Turkish Airlines are represented by Wynnwith Agency.

Well at least they were representing Turkish for A320 and B737 pilots

EFC 3 DAYS
16th Feb 2010, 17:45
B777 300ER if you read both my posts I clearly state that it is Turkish. I called one of the agencies involved. I researched my facts before posting. I also state that there are two agencies representing this company.
Would suggest you follow the guildelines I offer you below:
Read... reread..... read again...then reread again.... then make a comment.......
Its TURKISH..... they pay 8500 euro..... you need 1500PIC on B777.... 11000 TT...... :ugh:

coversyl
17th Feb 2010, 09:18
hi everyone ,

any idea about the interview process , medical , sim check ,is there any
quiz ?

Boeingbuddy
17th Feb 2010, 10:20
Its 8500 Euro, but if you add the bonus and all the other staff
you end up with over 10000 Euros.
And it is 3 weeks on 1 week Off plus leave.Commuting is paid.
Only thing which I dont like is the one year contract, but it is
a chance to get out of the hell.

EFC 3 DAYS
17th Feb 2010, 10:35
There is no other stuff! No bonuses, no nothing. I have the contract here in front of me. Its a useless contract and Turkish must be out of their minds if they think they will attract anyone who is currently employed with this pile of garbage.
As an added bonus; your flight to and from home is only valid within Europe and even that is neither confirmed seat let alone Business Class. If you fly under the monthly schedule awarded to you then your pay will be deducted for the amount of flying you did not do.
You get one free DOMESTIC pass after one years service then one INTERNATIONAL pass valid only within EUROPE and the MIDDLE EAST
You will be REQUIRED to pay 5% Turkish tax
Any travel benefit offered by Turkish can only be gained after one year of service. With a one year contract being offered to pilots it doesnt take a genius to figure out that the Turks are lowballing prospective pilots here....
I have worked many contracts before and this by far is the worst I have seen from an established carrier. If they wanted to make it worthwhile they should start by paying at least 9500 Euro, a confirmed Business Class to and from home and a three year contract.
A job worth considering for the unemployed or for those already employed who are facing a firing squad!!!

templarknight
17th Feb 2010, 12:02
As per above, deduction made from salary if less than 70 hours flown per month and no guarantee of any minimum hours so as the locals get trained up you could end up flying low hours with no protection as to how low your salary can go.
Wishy-washy tax clause.
Bonuses specified but already included in the stated salary.
Poor travel provisions...in economy class.
Rubbish leave; 18 days after 1 year service and the kicker.....1 year contract with no right of renewal.
Having said all that it is a possible way out and if your home town is only a couple of hours flying away it could be a start of a new phase of life.
Use the year to look for something else and leave earlier than the year if need be.
P.s. West of the Bosphorous is Europe; East is Asia.

captplaystation
17th Feb 2010, 16:37
Don't know about leaving before 1 yr.
On the 737 contract Wynnwith were offering there was a penalty of $7500 or something if you didn't complete the contract.
Still, I guess once the salary hits the bank. . . .:rolleyes:

All in all, not very exciting for a national carrier but they don't want to see the evidence.
An ad, sometimes 2 , a day on flightglobal.com, now a 2nd agency, but still they can't see why the calibre of guys they want ain't flocking to their door :ugh:

misa500
18th Feb 2010, 08:00
I spoke to Wynnwith they are recruiting for the positions at the moment. The other agency is an "expression of interest" only I understand. But the contract is quite good accomodation provided or housing allowance. 3 weeks on 1 week off with flights home provided.

Banzai Eagle
18th Feb 2010, 10:57
So the grass is green where you are?.......

Desert Diner
18th Feb 2010, 14:03
Sounds like going from the pan into the fire.

palm
18th Feb 2010, 14:50
Talked to an agency this morning:

-17551TL (bonus included...humm they is something ugly behind that...) = 42.000AED for 70 hours, 380 AED/hour if above
-5% withheld for taxes and social security.
-2290 TL=5500 AED on top of the above for TRI/TRE
-100.000 US insurance
-Approx 100AED perdiem

That's for the good part..

the ugly is:

-One year contract renewable with Turkish, not an agency
-One economy ticket every 3 weeks to go back home.
-No holidays at all the first year, 18 the second.....you are kidding right????
-7500 USD bond....guys we are qualified so what's the reason??
-3 weeks on, 1 week OFF, alright i got it, what is one week for you, 5 or 7 days?
-No Pension plan
-No bonus, but that's the same in EK, right???
-Turkish supply Hotel acco and transportation so you have to live in an HOTEL, right..... (IF not you get 4500AED/month to rent something)

I love this job, it s getting out of control and you know why??? Because we are all a bunch of idiots, yes, idiots, we should tell them to F.......

Diabolo
18th Feb 2010, 15:11
Well said PALM :D... The Turks are looking for monkey :}

astronaute
18th Feb 2010, 20:25
Errr...it is actually. It's not in the E.U, which is a political grouping, but it is on the European continent.

You should review your History and Geography, Turkey is not european by its Geography, neither by its population or religion !:hmm:

coversyl
18th Feb 2010, 22:01
hi ,
i have been given an interview date for next week and waiting now for my
flight bookins.

EFC 3 DAYS
19th Feb 2010, 06:00
If you want to improve your lot at THY tell the agency representing the airline that you are not interested unless some of the contract is ammended. If you read the contract you are NOT guranteed a seat anywhere at any time. You WILL be deducted pay if you do not fly the hours on your roster. You WILL in all probability be out of work in twelve months. With a 1000 EURO for housing in Istanbul you could probably rent a "rolled up newspaper in the corner of septic tank" for housing.
The contract is rubbish and if you accept it now and go to work for THY, do not cry and moan to this website that there are pilots at THY working the same DEC positions that have better deals than you. These type of contracts can be negotiated by the pilots. The problem is that pilots jump on the shiney plane and the prospect of employment without reading the fine print and more importantly,without knowing OUR own value to the company. Remember you have a skill that is in demand and they want to pay you as little as possible for that skill....

desertflyer
19th Feb 2010, 06:43
Sent them a resume last week and the phone rang 90 seconds later!!! The girl was calling from the UK and when I heard the terms told her I wasn't interested. She asked if any of my friends were looking to leave and I told her ALL of them......but NOT for a PAY CUT! :O

Iver
19th Feb 2010, 22:27
What's the deal? Are Turkish pilots so terrible that they can't transition to the 777 fleet from the 737-800 or Airbus fleets? Really? Are there no 777 training slots available and they need typed pilots right now? If I were a Turkish 737-800 Captain I would be offended that those 777 PIC slots were being outsourced and not available to me...

Good for those non-Turkish pilots who get the jobs. I just think it would be a slap to the face of existing Turkish pilots who could make the transition to the 777...

411A
20th Feb 2010, 00:42
Good for those non-Turkish pilots who get the jobs. I just think it would be a slap to the face of existing Turkish pilots who could make the transition to the 777...

Yes but, in the meantime, not enough pilots on existing fleets, to cater for upgrades and expansion.
A simple concept to understand.

Or, perhaps not, for the 'new pilot generation'.:ugh::ugh:

Nightfire
20th Feb 2010, 11:24
Wonder why the contract is only for 12 months? :E

AquiElJefe
20th Feb 2010, 17:31
12 months is their probation. If everything is warm and fuzzy after that and you haven't pissed off management and the union hasn't demanded your termination you will get a renewal to age 63 maybe. They are interviewing a lot of pilots. If they are not employed at time of interview usually not a good situation. So far English skills are the deal breaker. They think and I agree when you get to a real emergency they don't want you to go back to your first language if it is not English and not be able to talk to your Turkish crew member. Sounds OK to me. To me the pay is short. Supply and demand and quality should up the anti. If not parked airplanes and no pilots.

Pitch Up Authority
20th Feb 2010, 23:18
I do NOT want to spoil the party but I do warn that Turkish will not take any ex EK B777 drivers.

It is a flag carrier and are close with Dubai.

Payscale
21st Feb 2010, 02:01
Jefe - The problem is more likely that your FO with revert to Turkish. Their level of English is not flawless....either

Pitch up - I doubt it. Most 777 guys come from some sort of national carrier. I not that EK is too shy to take people from other national carriers!

411A
21st Feb 2010, 18:17
Someone earlier mentioned job security - I'm sure you believe that, but wake up to the reality that on any given day you can be deported without any recourse for a reason they deem worthy - try getting a job with that stamp on your passport.

Yup, you is what you is...a contract Captain.
Not a bad job, however, realise the shortcomings, and the advantages.
IE: eyes wide open.

captplaystation
22nd Feb 2010, 20:40
Following on from Wynnwith then Parc, it looks like Sigmar might be trying to find them some.
flightglobal.com today, B777/B737/A320 Capt's "Europe" :rolleyes:

Still, they don't get it, if they really believe the solution is to use more and more agencies . . . Er guys, that isn't the problem :=

Diabolo
24th Feb 2010, 14:22
I guess, they know as well...:}