PDA

View Full Version : Identity of Trinity House Bo105

bolkow
16th Feb 2010, 01:27
Does anybody know the identity of the current bolkow that services the lighthouses on behalf of trinity house? I know it used to be G-BAMF some time back but that has been withdrawn from service. Just curious as to the identity of the airframe which I assume will cover it until the arrival of the notar aircraft. thanks

DeltaNg
16th Feb 2010, 04:54
As far as I know it's TC, which has been in service since LS.

Twisted Rigging
16th Feb 2010, 14:21
MF did cover Trinity House for some time after LS, but I believe it has since been scrapped!!

griffothefog
16th Feb 2010, 16:28
I take it LS was left in DJ's locker? :{

Kicking Horse
16th Feb 2010, 16:36
Try G-BUXS, it was photographed in the Shetland Times after landing at Sumburgh Hotel last week.:ok:

griffothefog
16th Feb 2010, 16:52
NLB ? Different geography...

DeltaNg
16th Feb 2010, 18:25
Alright it's G-BATC anybody who watched "Three Men in More than One Boat" would know that (or "Islands of Britain" with Martin Clunes). She's an excellent ship, withstanded the elements for a long,long time and paid for many times over. Over to you md902 ! 32 years? beat that :ok:

Kicking Horse
16th Feb 2010, 18:45
G-BUXS is definitely the one pictured at Sumburgh last week, it is described as 'The Northern Lighthouse Board's' Bolkow helicopter, so maybe they now have two to choose from?

cyclic
16th Feb 2010, 19:20
The NLB and Trinity House are two different operations.

bolkow
16th Feb 2010, 23:02
yes, BUXS is current in the scottish regions (Northern Lighthouse Board) but it seems BATC still remains the horse in use in the area of Wales and then rest of the UK coast.
I see it is offerred for sale along with BUXS and about 5 or 6 bolkows in total in aeromarket magazine. Prices are dependent on the individual aircrafts remaining component times. I just assume they put it in for sale long before it will leave service or if it goes than another remaining bolkow will fill the gap until the newer ships arrive. I do wonder what the Scottish sector will replace the bolkow with after it moves on. Thanks for the replies guys.

bolkow
18th Feb 2010, 12:15
some other anorak information from the G-INFO site,
Bolkow G-BATC was built in 1972 and as of 31/12/08 had accumulated 20174 airframe hours
Bolkow G-BUXS was built in 1993 and as of the same date had accumulated 9227 airframe hours. As someone else remarked, Bond have made their money a few times over from old BATC.

cyclic
18th Feb 2010, 17:16
Think you will find that G-BUXS was "stretched" in 1993 and had plenty of hours as a "short" airframe before that. Even better value for money!

bolkow
19th Feb 2010, 14:45
The oproblem regardign stretches as I am given to understand it is that some are older airframes stretched with a Plug inserted, whilst others are entire new airframes that completely replace the shorter one. The mechanices along with longer wiring looms are put into the new airframe, but in either case the airframe is zero timed again. BATC has made it to the end without the stretch which I know is not desireable to be in if slingloading as the centre of gravity is not as comfoprtable as on the shorter airframe.

griffothefog
19th Feb 2010, 17:42
bolkow,

Must have done over 5000 sling loads on G-THLS and never noticed the slightest bit of difference in handling from the short version :ugh:

Maybe my fat arse neutralised the c of g changes :E

Both versions were great fun never the less :ok:

bolkow
20th Feb 2010, 01:06
I have never flown the stretched version but just heard the comment from a guy who had flown both. Maybe just his perception.
Are you transitioning to the EC135's at all?

griffothefog
20th Feb 2010, 02:18
bolkow,

Trinity house and "Bolkow back" are but a distant memory away these days I'm glad to say....:=

Now days I'm stuck in this place flying this ugly old crate...

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk50/marcusdoha/004.jpg

Lifes a bitch innit?? :ok:

spinwing
20th Feb 2010, 02:24
Mmmmm .....

YOU POOR BASTARD! :D

ROTFLMAO ....... :ok:

902Jon
20th Feb 2010, 12:56
How is the suntan coming on then Marcus? :ok:

griffothefog
20th Feb 2010, 13:40
902jon,

In keeping with these anonymous threads........ :p

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk50/marcusdoha/cheeky.jpg

Take care mate,

GTF.

bolkow
21st Feb 2010, 01:25
is'nt that the AW139? I see you must be missing the good old Welsh weather. Must be unusual flying in conditions where you can see a few miles out in front as opposed to yards, eh?