PDA

View Full Version : CPL exams

eliasg17
15th Feb 2010, 22:49
Hey People..
I wanted to ask if the CPL exams are hard?I know you might say it depends on how much you know your stuff etc..i just want to see...Im in Greece but because of my Australian Passport(i was born there and lived there until 15) i am thinking of coming back to Australia to start a "new life"...I have a uk caa ppl and currently studying the atpls (jaa)..Thanks in advance :-) :ok:

Benjamin James
16th Feb 2010, 00:56
???

Do not base any decision on a change in flying career purely on if the Casa theory exams are hard. They should be the least of your worries.

Homesick-Angel
17th Feb 2010, 04:25
Some are harder than others but overall if you put in the work and your not a nuffa you should be ok..I struggled with Aerodynamics so I got a bit of extra help(tutoring), but everything else was pretty sweet to study on my own.The above advise about reading the questions is good.They do try and trick you.

Good luck.

ules
17th Feb 2010, 13:51
I must also agree RTFQ. I have gotten quite a few wrong for just 1 word being changed or placed differently in the question.

newcomer
17th Feb 2010, 15:53
CASA exams are generally harder than JAR, I've done both. You do actually need to study, unlike JAR where you can get hold of the question bank and learn every since question, as they are word for word. When the average mark in JAR ATPL's is well above 90%, you got to ask yourself what are they actually testing. Im sure that if you did do the JAR ATPL you would be credited for it and only have to do the CASA airlaw, but since you dont have a CPL I dont know how this will work, but a quick call or email to CASA would soon fix that

whiskey1
17th Feb 2010, 16:15
with your JAA CPL it is Air Law and a Flight Test. If you want/need an Instrument Rating it is the IREX theory Exam and a Flight test.

eliasg17
17th Feb 2010, 21:08
Thankyou all for your replies :ok: