PDA

View Full Version : Amsterdam Schipol Airport Post Office Question

Anansis
15th Feb 2010, 20:39
Does anyone know anything about the Post Office at Schipol airport? Opening times? Is there a branch landside or is it only airside? I am transiting through there next week and would like to know whether it is possible for me to send a small parcel.

Thanks in advance.

Anansis
15th Feb 2010, 22:07
P.s. Before the inevitable smart sarcastic comment is made, Google has not been of any use. Neither has the airport website, nor the website of TNT (Dutch postal service). :}

clareprop
15th Feb 2010, 22:50
TNT Post | Locatiewijzer (http://www.tntpost.nl/zakelijk/klantenservice/locatiewijzer/index.aspx?address=Utrecht&lan=nl&apikey=e9b6ea2efe17510f&apiurl=http://api.tntpostkantoorzoeker.nl/)

Click on TNT Postkantoor
Click the two boxes
Type Schipol and Click Zoek
On the map, click the envelope
On the box, click details.

(:})

ConstantFlyer
15th Feb 2010, 22:57
As far as I am aware, the post office is located in the Boekhandel (book shop) called Jill & James, which is situated landside in Boulevard 1 in the Plaza. You may not have located it on the TNT Post website as you slightly missplelt Schiphol (schip hol = ship hollow - I heard the airport used to be a seaport in the 1700s). It is situated after Arrivals, in the section called Arrivals 4, just along from one of the two Starbucks. I've not been in, so cannot confirm you can post your parcel from there, but the TNT site does describe it as a 'Postkantoor' (post office), rather than just a shop which sells stamps. It's also recorded as 'open after 6pm', but no complete opening times are given. Hope that helps a bit. On a slightly different note, I was sorry to see recently that the post office in Arrivals at Brussels Airport seems to have closed down.

Anansis
15th Feb 2010, 23:26
Thanks ConstantFlyer and Clairepop- I owe you one :ok:

I will post (no pun intended) some further information here when I return for anyone's future reference.

Anansis

Anansis
24th Feb 2010, 11:30
For those who are interested I have just returned from my trip through Amsterdam and can confirm everything Constantflyer said was correct. The post office in Jill & James is open from 7am until 10pm, seven days a week and it has full postal facilities- you can send parcels.

Thanks again for your help:ok:

Mauritania
9th Nov 2014, 04:00
I just flew through Schiphol today and was told by the information centre that the info on Jill and James is outdated. However, it is still possible to post a parcel at the airport. You must go downstairs to the Arrivals floor, clear immigrations/customs and then head to Arrivals 3 where you will find "Service Point Schiphol". Make sure you plan your time accordingly if you are transiting because going through customs and back will kill an hour easily.