PDA

View Full Version : Conversion

chaba
15th Feb 2010, 01:56
Hey,
Just wanna pick some brains....
I am in NZ and want to convert my FAA ATP....however, that involves a flight test in a pressurized a/c, which is way too expensive. So, I'll probably just go for a NZ CPL, since that is all I need in all probability....for an F/O gig to start.
I do have near 6,000 hrs and have flown ATR command and Boeings, but really, I am not gonna get a PIC initially anyway.
So, is there a difference in Air Law exams for ATPL and CPL??? Or is it the same test? More importantly, where in the heck do i get the study material? I have looked through old PPRUNE links, and just want some good,solid notes to download. i can't find air law on CAA's website.

cheers

c100driver
15th Feb 2010, 05:49
You could try Air NZ for a ATPL flight test on the B737, B777, B744 or B767.

They do a lot of licence conversion flights for UK and JAA licence holders, and also some FAA (not as many but some).

Whilst it is expensive it will probably be cheaper than the GA route in the end.

chimbu warrior
15th Feb 2010, 05:54
I was lead to believe that there is an ATR simulator in Christchurch. Might be a possibility.

minimum_wage
15th Feb 2010, 08:51
No full ATR sim Chch. It is sittting in a crate waiting to be put into the new simulator bay at the Air NZ sim building in Auckland .