PDA

View Full Version : Not impressed with PPRUNE

Lunar
14th Feb 2010, 19:49
So I put a post up today to ask a question specifically about Gulf Helicopters. I get a smart reply from someone who points me to a thread that was last updated in June 2009 and about working in the Gulf in general. Then I realise that the thread has been closed, how was this done? Who chose to close the thread and why?

Surely if someone asks a question they should be entitled to get an answer if someone out there wants to provide information...NOT impressed.

Lunar

ShyTorque
14th Feb 2010, 20:38
It's a privately owned website, not a government department. If you don't like how it works, try asking elsewhere because the hard fact is, none of us are actually "entitled" to anything.

Senior Pilot
14th Feb 2010, 20:43
I locked your thread, since it was (quite rightly) pointed out that there is an existing thread about the subject. That it is a few months since the last post is irrelevant: if you read the announcement at the top of the Rotorheads page, Rotorheads Please Read (http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads-23/announcements.html) you will notice:

REMINDER 1:

BEFORE YOU POST

Remember the site RULES: You can 'refresh' your minds with that link.

The chances are that unless something is really new, it has probably been posted before or there are similar topics. We have made a 'sticky' thread which takes you to some of the common topics on this forum. CLICK HERE to check before posting and put your post in the appropriate thread if you can.

Do NOT be surprised/annoyed if a post which should be in one of these areas is 'modded' into that area. It probably means you have not read Reminder 1.

Mods sometimes do not or cannot leave re-directs for moved posts or threads. If a post or thread appears to have 'vanished', try searching for recent posts under the appropriate user name using the 'Search/Advanced' facility.

and

REMINDER 5:

Use of Search

The default search period for 'Basic' Search is 1 month. If you wish to search further back than that, search for posts by users or search specific forums, 'Advanced search' is the place to go. This has a default search period of 'any date', but this can be changed if you wish. It should also be noted that the minimum word length in 'search' is 3 characters.

PLEASE use SEARCH or at least the index page before you post if you think there is a chance the topic will already have been covered. If you have 'LOST' a post, first try a search by username or click on the username in any post and select 'find more....' BEFORE you whinge on the forum about it 'vanishing'.

and finally:

If you have an issue with the way a thread has been "moved" or even a Mod comment, please do NOT whinge on the thread. It will not be appreciated and may well result in action as above. Instead, please PM a Moderator. This is SOP anywhere on PPRuNe, not just Rotorheads.