PDA

View Full Version : Saudi Arabian VIP cabin crew without headscarf

newscaster
14th Feb 2010, 17:31
This BBC documentry following prince Saud, shows SV stewardesses without headscarf and with long open hair as well as more fitted uniform on domestic VIP flight on MD90 with all male passengers why so?

YouTube - Inside the Saudi Kingdom 3/6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNpsh4Vjha0&feature=related)

sec 3
14th Feb 2010, 23:36
So what? Who cares?:confused:

411A
15th Feb 2010, 00:24
.... why so?

Looks to me just like the same sort of uniforms that they always had, when I was at SV....very similar anyway.

mutt
15th Feb 2010, 09:51
why so

Why not?

It must really be a slow news day :)

Mutt

newscaster
15th Feb 2010, 16:41
Exactly why not and why not for the rest of the crew on regular flights as well as all women in the country, why the hypocricy is what I want to know.

6000PIC
15th Feb 2010, 17:57
I`d say something but apparently some of the people on the payroll to help defend these clowns are here on Pprune. What a shame.

_FL600_
15th Feb 2010, 21:12
and why should you care?!!!

metro301
15th Feb 2010, 21:20
That is the regular uniform, minus the hat and hair cover.

newscaster
16th Feb 2010, 17:06
I care because I dont want foreign women to be forced to dress up like goofs, like that British teacher in one of the parts of the video who had to wear abaya, head scarf, veil and gloves to go teach English at a university most probably to girl students only, and she's not even young or beautiful, talk about ridiculous on otehr hand you have bare headed/unrobed/gloved/veiled bleach blonde belly dancer look alike serving the high and mighty who ordain these laws.

mutt
16th Feb 2010, 17:33
who had to wear abaya, head scarf, veil and gloves to go teach English at a university

Did you consider the fact that she might be wearing that attire to satisfy her own personal religious beliefs?

Mutt

_FL600_
16th Feb 2010, 18:00
Still, who cares?!!!!!

Guess you haven't flown a single VIP flight in any part of the world.

6000PIC
17th Feb 2010, 02:40
Yeah she MIGHT be wearing that attire to satisfy her own personal religious beliefs but MOST LIKELY she wears it while she longs for the day her grandchildren ( or great grandchildren at this rate ) MIGHT have the freedom of the kind 99 % of the rest of the women in the world enjoy. Mutt , you`ve been in the desert too long mate.

doubleu-anker
17th Feb 2010, 05:55
"Saudi Arabian VIP cabin crew without headscarf?"

I am sorry to say, this is nothing short of decadence, if true.

I really don't know what the KSA is coming to. Women will be behind the wheel in cars next. God help us!!

Desert Diner
17th Feb 2010, 18:32
That was a private VIP flight, Entourage only.

Suprised no one mentioned the smoking on the flight. Not allowed on regular Saudia flights.

newscaster
17th Feb 2010, 19:47
who had to wear abaya, head scarf, veil and gloves to go teach English at a university

Did you consider the fact that she might be wearing that attire to satisfy her own personal religious beliefs?

Mutt

Read it again, and look at video series, I said British woman blonde and blue eyed from UK, a non-muslim, Farangi going to teach women students, then you have the blonde F/A in an all male enviroment, what amazing hypocricy.

and why cant atleast foreigners be allowed to wear knee length jackets in be they in black or soothing colours like beige, light grey with coloured/printed or plain pastel cloured scarfs like they do in Iran and elsewhere.

AIM HI
17th Feb 2010, 20:34
"If we are going to ban the veil in public places, it immediately begs the question: why should a nun be allowed to wear her habit and not a female Muslim," he told newspaper La Stampa, reported Agence France-Presse (AFP).

Italian interior minister Giuliano Amato

:mad::mad::mad:

_FL600_
17th Feb 2010, 21:44
Chill out!

Different places, different cultures, different ways of living. Respect that and you'll have a peace of mind.

mutt
18th Feb 2010, 03:33
Different places, different cultures, different ways of living. Respect that and you'll have a peace of mind

So true :ok::ok::ok:

amazing hypocricy You have only just realized that? Look around the whole of the ME, Hypocrisy is a way of life.

Mutt

Desert Diner
18th Feb 2010, 10:25
I wonder when the west will stop forcing people to wear clothes when they are in public places.:ouch:

metro301
18th Feb 2010, 16:19
It was legal for women to walk around in public topless in Toronto. At least it was in the early 2000's. Haven't been back since during the summer.

newscaster
20th Feb 2010, 17:50
The rest of the middle east or rather the Gulf states are not trying to be holier than Saudi.

Desert Diner
21st Feb 2010, 19:19
Go to Bondi beach during summer- you will see plenty of topless women in a public place. There are also plenty of nudist beaches in Oz. Plenty more freedom in west than in the Middle East, and especially in Saudi.

Sure - Bondi Beach. Plenty of other beaches around the world as well. Even in saudi as long as its not in public :ooh:

But how about downtown Sydney? or Melbourne? You think women are free to walk the streets or go to work naked?

All over the world, women (and men) are required to wear clothes when they are in public places. But everybody seems to be OK with those requirements.