PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter Licence Australia

autumnSun
14th Feb 2010, 09:47
Hi

I am wanting to get my helicopters license in Australia , Brisbane. I was wondering if anyone could point me to a professional helicopter school in or around Brisbane. Also I have herd it can cost up to $50,000 , is this correct? If anyone has become a helicopter pilot in Brisbane I would like to talk with them about the best and cheapest way to obtain a license.

Thanks In Advance.
A

ReverseFlight
15th Feb 2010, 22:41
There's no cheap or quick way to obtain a helicopter licence but if you'd like to find out more, contact Chopperline and they will be able to help you. I've never trained with them but they are very well respected in the industry. Good luck.
Helicopter Flight Training (http://www.chopperline.com.au/)

Benjamin James
16th Feb 2010, 00:52
Forget $50,000 it's creeping past $60,000 now, and is certainly thousands of dollars more once you budget for living expenses during that period.

I'd budget $75,000 for training/books/exams, living expenses and some cash left over "just incase" you don't get it all done in the minimum hours.

Don't bother doing the combined fixed wing ppl to heli cpl course to save you money, it has it's advantages in other ways but certainly not financially. You will only have 70 odd hours heli time when you finish compared to 105+ hours everyone else will have. Too make up this gap you most likely will have to fund this yourself, because most heli operators don't look at total aeronautical experience, just heli hours. And finding a job is almost impossible as it is already for the 105 hour guys.