PDA

View Full Version : Approach to Fuerteventura

Browners
12th Feb 2010, 10:10
Apologies if this seems like a daft question but I am booked to fly to Fuerteventura on 3rd March and wondered what the approach into the airport was like?

Is it considered an easy or difficult airport to land at?

As a nervous flyer I suppose any information puts me at ease so I know what to expect.

Thanks in advance

Fernanjet
12th Feb 2010, 10:35
Bit windy.....given by the name (fuerteventura - strong wind)

JEM60
12th Feb 2010, 15:29
Been into Fuertaventura many times as a passenger, once in the jumpseat on a 757. Very easy approach, no mountains in the way, and after spending some 20 holidays there, I can say it is no windier [despite it's name] than any other seashores. Tho' it does tend to be windier on the west coast. Certainly my favourite European island. I hope you enjoy your stay. The approach could not be more straight forward, coming from the north, it is straight in, and if from the south, the approach is from downwind over the sea, turning right onto final, then over flat land. Don't be put off by it's barrenness, it's a great place up north in Corralejo. Have fun,:) John.ExPPL

JEM60
12th Feb 2010, 17:46
Browners.
I should also add that this is a very modern airport, with all modern navigation facilities, ILS,VOR,ADF Radar etc., Absolutely no reason for you to be the slightest bit worried. Do try not to be put off by the prolific nudity on the fabulous beaches near Corralejo.:):)

ViscountFan
13th Feb 2010, 12:41
... and when you're waiting for your return flight you get really great views of aircraft landing, especially if they're doing so from the south when you can follow them flying southwards parallel with the coast before turning and lining up with the runway!

flymaniac
13th Feb 2010, 22:03
Do the Tradewindes, you normally will approach from south. If you take a windowseat on left side hand you will have a scenic flight on landing. You will see the island and the east coast. Enjoy FUE ;)