PDA

View Full Version : A380 ASR 'unstable' approach...

Marooned
12th Feb 2010, 04:21
Does anyone know where the ASR went or have any information regarding an approach event that happened a while ago now involving CP 380?

The original ASR was apparently 'sanitized' but the fog has descended over the incident. It's not so much the incident that was serious enough it is the apparent cover-up that is more of a concern.

GoreTex
12th Feb 2010, 05:39
TCAFA (Alpha Floor Abbas) deleted it

Marooned
12th Feb 2010, 05:49
There must be a paper trail somewhere. If the ASR was quashed he could not have done this on his own.

The same people who would have our jobs on the line for minor infractions have possibly been complicit in covering up a serious incident.

EGGW
12th Feb 2010, 06:07
I remember it being published when it happened, the ASR was tidied up shall we say, but thats EK huh. BOTH pilots received training in the sim, no Alpha floor, just a messed up approach.

EGGW

harry the cod
18th Feb 2010, 07:30
But the report must still be in the system........right?

Payscale
18th Feb 2010, 13:24
So what! the captain involved is a people manager who doesnt fly much. Obvious he will make minor mistakes. It was a slight overspeed of flaps and gear followed by incorrect A/THR disconnection procedure I believe. A GA was flown.
Dont expect the same treatment for a line pilot as for a management pilot. Not in Dubai and not anywhere else. Fact of life...

Fart Master
18th Feb 2010, 14:10
People manager....I liked that one.

He shouldn't be allowed near an aircraft....period:}

jack schidt
19th Feb 2010, 16:20
Did you hear then about the CP Airbus (ex boeing & not 380) who aborted on his second take-off (which he need not have aborted the first), for seeing the *TO Inhibit* msg and thought he had to (AND DID) reject the T/O?

There is a saying about management pilots and there is also a saying about western mans magic!

Edited to clarify post below.

Capt Groper
19th Feb 2010, 17:48
Jack Schidt , when, recently or many moons ago!!

Payscale
20th Feb 2010, 03:11
I wasnt commenting on his skills as a manager or pilot, just stating his job. One thing is how we would like things to be. Another is reality. Lets live in reality and dream about the other. Not the other way around.