PDA

View Full Version : Security leak ridiculous related issues... (getting tired)

jetjockeyusa
10th Feb 2010, 14:14
I am so fed up with having to read titles on newspapers (because I won't read more when I see this) that security leak here, security leak there. This is just ridiculous, boring and dumb.

Well, how about LAX ? Some guy can park a car in front of landing traffic, stand on top of it and throw a molotov cocktail into the turbine,ok exaggerated but a half decent aiming guy with a pistol, not to mention a sub machine gun, not to mention a machine gun, not to mention a shoulder fired missile can shoot anything down that lands there and nobody seems to give a crap. Oh that is LAX, but obviously there are some more thousands of airports world wide where this can be done.

Unless people start setting up elite sharpshooters on each end of the runway which would obviously be too expensive and actually would reduce the risk of being shot down with a hand fired gun (not a shoulder fired missile tho), well, as soon as that problem is not solved, people should not even care about little leak here and little leak there. People get mock-bazookas through X-rays as well as mock-handgrenades, pistols etc, you got no idea all the stuff that gets through and nothing really happens lately that is worth paying attention to.

Am I saying people should abolish xrays ? No. But when people want so desperate security for airports, then they should start with the most important which is security on EACH END OF THE DAMN RUNWAY.