PDA

View Full Version : Pre boot screen text?

tony draper
9th Feb 2010, 22:54
Pottering about with a neighours puter here,I need to find out what motherboard /chipset is in the machne,at initial pre boot up text appears briefly saying what cpu memory chipset ect but this appears on the screen for a couple of seconds and is gone,I seem to recall there is a way to freeze this so it can be read by people with normal speed eyes and metabolism,anybody know how this is done?
help greatfully recieved.
:uhoh:

jimtherev
9th Feb 2010, 23:00
Depends on the motherboard, Tony. My present one <del> gives all the boot options, <esc> gives that screen that flashes past your eyes faster than the life of a drowning man. On other older machines, F1 did summat.

Why not try them all in turn and press the reset button if it doesn't give the info you want?

tony draper
9th Feb 2010, 23:17
Hmmm, tiz a MSI KMM3,I need to download motherboard drivers for the on board graphics /sound ethernet ect, problem being that one would also need the ethernet drivers in order to download the ethernet drivers,int puters wonderful.
:(

Saab Dastard
10th Feb 2010, 00:00
MSI K8MM3-V (http://eu.msi.com/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=driver&maincat_no=1&prod_no=237)

You can also download the manual there.

SD

A A Gruntpuddock
10th Feb 2010, 00:49
There is a free version of a program from Sisoftware which gives this sort of information (and much more).

Download latest version here :-

SiSoftware Zone (http://www.sisoftware.net/?d=&f=downandbuy&l=en&a=)

jimtherev
10th Feb 2010, 07:06
Hmmm ... problem being that one would also need the ethernet drivers in order to download the ethernet drivers,int puters wonderful.
:(
Wotcher got by way of peripheral input devices, Tony? USB work? Floppy? CD? If any of these could you download the drivers on the Draper Superputer and input 'em that way?

tony draper
10th Feb 2010, 07:31
yer that is what one has done but one's burner has chosen to burn out at this time,:( gonna venture out to the puter emporium and purchase one of they new fangled memory sticks,one assumes one can transfer the MB drivers to the stick plonk it in neigboursputer and copy them to his desktop for installation.
Thanks for the help chaps.
:)