PDA

View Full Version : i-flyer on Emirates flight

coffindodger
9th Feb 2010, 10:13
Passengers travelling on an Emirates flight from Dubai to Riyadh recently were in good company, as Emirates was tasked with transporting one of the world’s most advanced humanoid robots.

A first for Emirates, the Arabic speaking humanoid named Ibn Sina, travelled as a First Class passenger on the flight accompanied by Dr Nikolaos Mavridis, Assistant Professor of Computer Science at the United Arab Emirates University College of Information Technology in Al Ain where Ibn Sina was developed, along with two of his assistants.

The transportation of Ibn Sina required countless hours of planning and input from multiple Emirates Group departments to ensure the humanoid was cleared for travel by the Dubai Police Authorities, the Dubai International Airport and Emirates’ safety team.

7DAYS - (http://www.7days.ae/storydetails.php?id=90370&page=local) news&title=i-flyer on Emirates flight.

MrMachfivepointfive
9th Feb 2010, 13:02
?????????? Box it, put it into a container and off it goes into a hold. Don't forget to disconnect the battery. What is the problem?

mutt
9th Feb 2010, 13:06
I wonder if it got a visa to enter Saudi Arabia......

Mutt

High 6
11th Feb 2010, 12:22
Or was it just one of the Flt Ops Management team doing a familiarisation flight to recall what it is they are supposed to be managing. :confused: