PDA

View Full Version : Missing Thread Thread Missing

Buscat
9th Feb 2010, 09:53
I could've sworn I saw a thread here about a thread which went missing but now it's missing. Perhaps it's a sensitive topic which will be allowed if proceeding further is done with circumspection:

The original thread was about an A*80 operated by *K which allegedly went into "A***a Flo*r" just before or after a g*-arou*d at D**ai airport. The rumour (and this IS a rumour network) further specifies the large d***le-deck aircraft was being "flown" by the C***f P***t at the time.

So did it happen and if so, where is the A*R?

When I do something like that I get tea and bickies.

Exit Strategy
9th Feb 2010, 10:11
I think I saw that as well (in another forum). If true where is the report??? Why was the original thread removed???

Togalk
9th Feb 2010, 11:33
There seems to be a pattern forming here. There was a thread about EY that vanished as well. I asked this before and didn't get an answer, so I'll ask it again.
MODERATORS, why did these threads disappear?

4HolerPoler
9th Feb 2010, 12:19
One of the mods binned the 380 Alpha Floor thread as it was his understanding that the event occurred around six months ago and did not include an "Alpha-floor event" - I'm sorry that you feel we invoke unwarranted censorship but occasionally a mod will do some tidying that results in threads being binned or merged. You have my assurance that there is no pressure exerted from the companies themselves that results in threads being altered or binned. This is your forum, if anyone feels strongly enough about this event please feel free to relaunch the topic. You're also welcome to raise any concerns regarding your belief that we're unnecessarily altering threads and when we're on the ground we'll give some measure of explanation. The bottom line is that there is no program of censorship other than that which is included in the forum rules.

Togalk
9th Feb 2010, 13:51
That explains this thread, but what happened to the EY Management one?

MrMachfivepointfive
9th Feb 2010, 13:53
... and the EK FM/A one???

4HolerPoler
9th Feb 2010, 14:07
The EK FM/A thread was closed by it's originator Buscat and the EY Management thread is alive and kicking on Page 3 of this forum.

There was a thread closed by a mod that was a quest to find marijuana in Dubai (understandable I think) and another thread that asked what the EK crew hotel in Durban was closed as it was viewed as inappropriate.

That's all the slash & burn that was conducted on this forum this week. Anymore conspiracy theories :confused:

4HP

EGGW
11th Feb 2010, 05:38
Thanks for the explanation 4HP!!! Been away working, no fricking internet connection :ugh: Hey ho!

EGGW

BadAndy
11th Feb 2010, 10:33
Anymore conspiracy theories

Yes, Poler, who was really on the grassy knoll? And, did the Americans really put a man on the moon? How about Area 51?

Anyways, I figured while you were dispelling conspiracies I'd see if you had those answers as well. (All in good fun, of course, so please don't take offense...) :p

411A
12th Feb 2010, 00:55
How about Area 51?

Went there twice last year in my private airplane at the request of the USAF.
Can't say what we did or what we saw, however...all hush-hush, you understand.:suspect:

Marooned
12th Feb 2010, 04:23
380 thread re-opened.