PDA

View Full Version : Ek Net Pay Amount Yearly Loss Aftermath

Volverine
8th Feb 2010, 10:56
Not a dream not an allucination PURE FACT
-29% on the ACTUAL NET PAY COMPARING TO PREVIOUS YEAR

TO PUT ON TOP OF IT :
- INFLATION RATE ARROUND 10 % AVERAGE
- NEGATIVE EXCHANGE RATE IMPACT ON PERSONAL OVERSEAS EXPENSES DEPENDING OF YOUR ORIGIN COUNTRY
- (+15 % FLYING HOURS) + (-17 % DAYS OFF average)= + 32 % FATIGUE

WHAT A TOXIC COCKTAIL:yuk:

TIME CRISIS ? YES I KNOW THANK YOU !!!!

What about you guys from all GCC ?

Oblaaspop
8th Feb 2010, 12:16
OK guys, lets all do it. Lets all compare Jan 09 to Jan 10 from the previous year and see what we all come up with.

Ooooh, nearly forgot, don't forget to remove the exceptional 14 week bonus we received in May 08 from your calculations.... would hate to skew the results with something that shouldn't really be included now would we??

Volverine
8th Feb 2010, 12:54
Do not remove it as it is a loss of income.
The goal is to compare the net loss over GCC no need to modifie your numbers and make the pill less bitter. (I wonder why some still try hard to do this...)
net salary year 2008 - net salary year 2009 = ?

loc22550
8th Feb 2010, 13:11
GCC...well,
I would like to say :"Lucky" you guys in EK:
-Bonus..this word DOESN'T exist AT ALL in Qatar airways!(and i have been here for long time).
-"Pension Plan" Doesn't exist at all in Qatar airways....!
-ERP is a joke, introduced a couple of years ago only.
Just wondering how much a EK pilot take home after 10 years of service when he resigns...?
In QR:..in the best scenario (CPT): around ..70.000U$ as end of service benefit:that's it.

I hope this can console you Volverine...:bored:

Oblaaspop
8th Feb 2010, 13:48
Sorry Volvo, but if you insist on including the bonus in your dubious accounting techniques, then how about comparing Jan 07 - Jan 08 from the following year??

What was the percentage increase? I'm guessing (because I can't really be arsed to look properly) that the increase in yearly take home pay between these 2 years was something in the order of 25%.......

Now, I'm all for telling it like it is... for instance, at a rough guess based on a 90 hour month in Jan 09 to 90 hours last month, the decrease is around 15-17% in take home. However if you look at an 80 hour month, then the change is a big fat ZERO %.

What really riles me is that GENERALLY the pilot group in EK is a bunch of intelligent guys with GENUINE gripes and complaints about the way we are being treated at times and the management style etc. BUT time and time again we shoot ourselves in the foot and make ourselves look completely thick and stupid by pushing around completely untrue jibberish!!!!

Its about time we FOCUSED on the battles that really need to be fought, instead of those that don't really exist. Either that or run the risk of lowering ourselves to the bottom feeding level of those presiding over us.

We wander why management treat us with contempt?? Is it really any wander at all gents, when you actually read some of the drivel that is written as gospel truth on these hallowed forums?

Volverine
8th Feb 2010, 14:43
So everything is fine again for Bibop A BIG FAT ZERO LOSS he said, like for the upgrades.
NO NEED TO COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYTHING BECAUSE HIS HIGHNESS GENIUS OUPLABOP SAID SO ?
Again, the question is how much you loose as a pilot in GCC not how much happy you are to work in offices in EK.
I will not stop to upset you, never.
Dummy Volvo:p

Oblaaspop
8th Feb 2010, 14:50
And predictably there we have it. In a single display of twatishness, you have proven in its entirety the very point I made!!

Well done....... You are doing none of us PILOTS any favours at all, as management will think we are all as halfwitted as you!

Volverine
8th Feb 2010, 15:06
"What really riles me is that GENERALLY the pilot group in EK is a bunch of intelligent guys (thank you thank you) with GENUINE gripes and complaints about the way we are being treated at times (note the only at times) and the management style (I call it bullish not style) etc. BUT time and time again we shoot ourselves in the foot and make ourselves look completely thick and stupid (proud to be so man) by pushing around completely untrue jibberish!!!!" (I can show you the figures if you want)

The GENUINE gripes and complaints are what Ouplabop decides. Other than that is STUPID and useless CR@P.
You must be a real delight to fly with my friend.
I agree and suggest Moderators to evaluate our stupidity level before to allow any forum access.:ok:
Volverine

BigGeordie
8th Feb 2010, 15:17
Oblaaspop is right that for an 80 Hour month the take home is the same as it was a year ago. Trouble is that prices in Dubai aren't the same as they were a year ago and in 2010 I doubt anybody but management pilots are only flying 80 hours a month. Try it for a 92 hour month and see how it looks, as that seems to be about the norm these days.

Oblaaspop
8th Feb 2010, 17:24
Look, don't get me wrong chaps, I agree with the fact that our productivity (that means hours volva!) has gone through the roof - as has fatigue, our corresponding productivity pay has dropped, inflation has continued to rise, and morale has fallen through the floor!

BUT, I still can't abide inaccurate crap! As I said, I'm all for telling it like it is, but (and I'll say this again for the hard of hearing - or thinking!) We are not doing ourselves any favours by spouting untruths.

Out of interest Vespa, exactly which part of my mathematics is inaccurate? And incidentally, what makes you think I'm not a decent chap to fly with? I put it to you, that you are a nightmare to fly with, as quite clearly you just will not give up trying to defend the inaccurate crap you speak, despite irrefutable evidence to the contrary............ hmmmm lets think "No Captain, we're definitely above MSA...... ohhh F@ck me a mountain goat on a cloud":E

Volverine
8th Feb 2010, 19:23
I have to insist I LOST 29 % net pay
I don't know why it does make Lolipop so nervous ????????????
It's a kind of a revisionist attitude, denying the reality. The question is why ?
Am I the only one ? :p

Volverine
8th Feb 2010, 19:27
Last thing holycrapop, never ask your first officer for an MSA, it's very dangerous. Just to let you know.:cool:
Volverine

Wizofoz
9th Feb 2010, 02:58
The question is why ?

Well, if you insist on including your bonus in your calculations, the answer is:- Because the bonus is paid when the profit target is exceeded, and last year it wasn't. You thus had a 29% drop, because the conmpany had an 85% drop.

If your contention is that you have been ripped off because the company didn't give you an extra 14 weeks pay it didn't have too, you are simply barking.

Looking at mine, not counting the bonus, I've about broken even. Counting inflation that is indeed a net loss in real terms. Not ideal, but better than the fate of an awful lot of peole who have either lost their jobs, taken large pay cuts, or been demoted in the fallout of the GCC.

Now things are looking better, I hope there WILL be a will on the part of EK to start making things more attractive. If they don't, it will be a disincentive to people coming or staying.

Volv, all people are saying is that it is churlish to complain that you didn't get a 14 week bonus (which is contingent on Company performance) this year just because you did last year. Look up the word "Bonus"- t's a nice extra, not a right.

There are enough real issues without clouding things with unrealistic expectations.

Oblaaspop
9th Feb 2010, 11:18
Thanks Wiz, I was beginning to think I was the one having trouble understanding the obvious.....

I'd also bet a penny to a pound that Vilevarine didn't take into account staff travel ticket cost deductions when looking at net pay!!:hmm:

harry the cod
9th Feb 2010, 12:32
Volverine

And you say that Oblaaspop must be a delight to fly with! Jeeze man, how happy must the F/O's be with you and your very obvious talent (not) towards crew synergy.

By the way, you're trying to be funny by putting Oblaaspop down. Please stop. You're making yourself look a complete tw*t!

Standing by for your considered and no doubt eloquent response :rolleyes:

Harry

theidler
9th Feb 2010, 13:26
By the way, you're trying to be funny by putting Oblaaspop down. Please stop. You're making yourself look a complete tw*t!

Is this a bit hard on Volverine? I think he's remained remarkably controlled and fairly polite when faced with these examples of Oblaaspops eloquence:

... make ourselves look completely thick and stupid by pushing around completely untrue jibberish!!!!

In a single display of twatishness,

... as management will think we are all as halfwitted as you!

... I put it to you, that you are a nightmare to fly with

... you just will not give up trying to defend the inaccurate crap you speak,

I don't necessarily agree with Volverines premise but this is just rude.

Oblaaspop
9th Feb 2010, 14:13
Thanks idler, indeed yes when taken COMPLETELY and randomly out of context as you have demonstrated, I must admit that my comments do appear slightly harsh for which I apologise and must be punished for.

It just seems that sometimes the game needs to be raised a few bars in order to 'drum' the point home with some folk hence the strong tone.....!

Captain Pruner
23rd Feb 2010, 08:17
Oops, the bonus is not contractual so do with it what you please.

What about the 120,000 AED of unpaid overtime this year. Now thats something to talk about.

What about the days off that I used to enjoy with my family and friends having a relaxing drink or social gathering in a fit state to actually enjoy it rather then the semi-conscious fatigued state I'm in now.

What about the stress and wasted time trying to determine whether I need to scrap together funds to cover the utilities shortfall.

What about......... it goes on and on.

And dont forget to mention the new revised way of calculating exchange rate protection.

I almost forgot, what about Ed and TCAS bonus last year. Thats a bonus you can discuss.