PDA

View Full Version : Nimrod MR2 Prints (Merged)

andgo
6th Feb 2010, 12:54
A former Nimrod mate, currently serving in Germany, has started a website to auction a Nimrod MR2 oil painting and limited edition prints to time with the demise of the Nimrod MR2. All proceeds go to Help for Heros. Its well worth a look.
MODs I know its shameless advertising but hopefully you will allow this thread to stay. :ok:

www.nimrodprints.com (http://www.nimrodprints.com)

spock33
6th Feb 2010, 18:33
Good thread, I've just registered. I can smell the hydraulic fluid & the Jez paper already! Where's my dish of honker's stew?

Spock, now retired in Hampshire.:ok:

davejb
6th Feb 2010, 18:56
Where's my dish of honker's stew?

Foil dish, of course!

Ventre A Terre
7th Feb 2010, 08:16
Grouse

"So you want my money but you havn't actually done anything?"

From the site: "PLEASE REGISTER YOUR INTEREST BY SUBSCRIBING TO THIS BLOG SO WE CAN ANTICIPATE INTEREST AND KEEP YOU UPDATED. ONCE WE HAVE +100 SUBSCRIPTIONS THE PROJECT BECOMES VIABLE AND WE WILL LAUNCH – SIGN UP NOW – THIS IS A REGISTRATION OF INTEREST ONLY YOU ARE NOT YET COMMITTING TO PURCHASE"

BTW I'm a nav and can read!

VAT

grousehunter
7th Feb 2010, 08:50
Bonjour French Nav,

I have now read said question, and have registered my interest!

GH.

Roland Pulfrew
9th Feb 2010, 17:50
Any chance of an update from Nimrod Help for Heroes Admin?

OK I was just bouncing this back to the top again:E

Dave Angel
9th Feb 2010, 18:58
Boing :):)

Fat Chris
9th Feb 2010, 19:09
No answer to the question of making this 'sticky' either........

:hmm:

zedder
10th Feb 2010, 06:23
134 expressions of interest so far, so looks like the project is a goer.

andgo
11th Feb 2010, 07:31
You are now able to donate your money via the website which reserves your print. Previous work of artist available to give you an idea of how the Nimrod print will look. Hope to have artists initial sketches available on the website for viewing soon.
All details are available on the website, 150 interested so far!
For those who have paid already, thank you for keeping the faith. 'Power to the Hunter.'

zedder
11th Feb 2010, 09:22
Looks like they are already selling fast. Get in quick for the low print numbers.

Mrs Z has just bought my Birthday present; must remember to tell her!

kb661
11th Feb 2010, 13:06
Thanks, got my print too. It should arrive a little after my Bday... :)

zedder
11th Feb 2010, 18:36
That's impressive, 40 sold already! Don't forget that only the first 260 are signed and that a number of those 260 (Sqn Numbers and aircraft numbers) will be auctioned separately at a later date.

Apparently number 22 has been particularly sought after. Shame there is no smilie with blacked out eyes! Shades will have to do!!:cool:

andgo
12th Feb 2010, 15:49
Over 60 prints pre-pay sold in a day and a half, with 176 registered as interested. Details now firming up.

Nimrod MR2 in Desert fit
Coastal scene, poss man o hoy
Sub masts
2 x silouette of UK troops in the background.

Ideas are still welcome on the website, initial drawings are underway.

Power to the Hunter:ok:

zedder
13th Feb 2010, 07:13
The advertising campaign is obviously now starting to pick up momentum. Saw the story in this weeks Northern Scot yesterday and understand there was also an interview on Guernsey Radio. 71 prints now sold, so getting close to the point where all the costs are covered (as detailed on the website).

circle kay
13th Feb 2010, 08:36
Well thats my £50 in

Back to the top

Regards at all in the frozen north

Dave Angel
13th Feb 2010, 19:19
Paid mine.
Boing :)

andgo
15th Feb 2010, 10:00
Over 200 registrations and nearly 100 of the 260 signed prints sold already.

Thanks for your support :ok:

zedder
16th Feb 2010, 06:39
No answer to the question of making this 'sticky' either........

We are obviously deemed to be too blunt an aircraft to warrant a Sticky, whereas FJTS which will have had far fewer aircrew serve on it than the Nimrod Fleet has in 41 years, well that's that a different matter.:oh:

Fat Chris
16th Feb 2010, 17:45
Nothing new eh?

30mRad
17th Feb 2010, 17:31
Check out the draft concepts at:

Nimrod MR2 in aid of Help For Heroes Blog Archive Ronald Wong Sketches : VOTE NOW (48 hour Poll) (http://www.nimrodprints.com/?p=300)

And, please Mods, make this a sticky! Fast Jet Test Sqn is a sqn going out of service, and being re-incarnated somewhere else. The Nimrod is a fleet with extensive history going out of service for good....Make this a sticky.

kb661
17th Feb 2010, 18:20
The vote is now on between the two concepts. If you intend to buy one please cast your vote.

bump ;)

cynicalint
17th Feb 2010, 19:28
Boing
I wonder how many more prints will need to be sold than the TSR2 to warrant the sticky?

zedder
18th Feb 2010, 18:15
Back to the top.

A lot of hot air and BS being generated by other threads. A lot of money for H4H being generated by this one.

Gp Capt L Mandrake
18th Feb 2010, 19:23
http://photos.classicbritishfiles.com/hosted/images/wiomzmxj3dlgmmdelzmy.jpg

Hi folks, sorry for the delay - to order see other thread or pm me.

Best wishes

Buster

vecvechookattack
18th Feb 2010, 20:58
Thats a good Squadron print. Nice to see all of those Squadron crests along the top.

shiny_shoes
19th Feb 2010, 06:33
Bought mine aswell. All in a good cause.
Up we go,,,,bump

PPRuNe Pop
19th Feb 2010, 10:47
Note someone was asking for a sticky. Sorry to say that we limit these but you can bump the thread if you wish.

olddog
19th Feb 2010, 16:55
Just a note for Prune Admin. The Sqn Print Print has nothing to do with the Raymond Wong Print. It is a proof of the Kinloss sponsored Nimrod Out of Servive Print! Right Aircraft - Wong Print. Sorry Ronald - couldn't resist that one!

kb661
19th Feb 2010, 17:11
For those of you who skip to this page please note this merged post is taking about two different prints.

If you want the squadron prints (£5 +p&p) 4 Nimrod print then email Buster via [email protected]. This is being organised by 42Sqn, Kinloss and proceeds to RNLI & local chareetee.

If you want to purchase (via auction) a Ronald Wong oil painting or a print of one (around £50) please visit Nimrodprints.com (http://www.nimrodprints.com) in aid of H4H organised by Ross and other ex-Nimrod mates.

KB

jindabyne
19th Feb 2010, 20:36
I would think that to give this the status of a sticky is to grant a deal of advertising worth to the artist. Good deal as it is!

PPRuNe Pop
20th Feb 2010, 10:18
We get a great many requests for space for book sales, print sales, charities and other worthy causes and to allow them all is something we just cannot do. Sorry but those are the rules. Advertising of any description is usually paid for on PPRuNe. We bend a little now and again but its very limited as are stickies.

Gp Capt L Mandrake
20th Feb 2010, 12:08
I for one am grateful to pprune for allowing us to 'spread the word' as it were. If that means a quick bump, here we go!

Bumpppppp.:ok:

Best wishes

Buster

circle kay
21st Feb 2010, 12:46
Orders in for both... Not much room left in downstairs Loo wall :)

Dave Angel
21st Feb 2010, 22:25
And again.
Bump :ok:

shiny_shoes
22nd Feb 2010, 17:28
Bump and up we go

Gp Capt L Mandrake
22nd Feb 2010, 18:53
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump!:ok:

andgo
23rd Feb 2010, 17:54
113 sold, 250 interested and over £6000 raised so far. Boing!:ok:

Gp Capt L Mandrake
24th Feb 2010, 16:30
and for us 1050 sold, 2700 raised so far. Thanks everyone for your support. Still some left but hurry they're going fast.

oh and err, buuuuuump:)

countdeblades
26th Feb 2010, 10:18
Bump.........and back to the top ! :ok:

Gp Capt L Mandrake
27th Feb 2010, 07:38
Booooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg gggggggg. Sorry I mean bump.:ok:

KonfusedofKinloss
28th Feb 2010, 07:59
Getting a bit low again chaps.

BBBBOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG GGGG

Dave Angel
28th Feb 2010, 20:16
Let's get it back up there shall we....Bump :ok:

Gp Capt L Mandrake
2nd Mar 2010, 13:47
Hi folks here's a quick update: so far we have sold 1220 prints and raised just short of 4K once we get all the cheques in. Many thanks to all who have ordered the Sqn Prints version. I'm hoping the prints will be with me late this week or early next. Once they're here and the postal tubes arrive we can start sending them out. :ok:

Best wishes

Buster

42 Sqn

betty swallox
2nd Mar 2010, 21:01
Nice one, Buster...

b u m p

difar69
3rd Mar 2010, 17:37
Buster,
You've become all efficient since you put those new shiny tabs on! ;)

Bump!

fincastle84
3rd Mar 2010, 19:30
Difar 69.

What a stupid pseudonym.

Bump. (?)

difar69
3rd Mar 2010, 22:02
Fincastle 84,

?????????
You're right.
It's stupid,get over yourself.

Gp Capt L Mandrake
4th Mar 2010, 20:03
Hello folks,

good news; the prints have arrived, delivered by Berry from Sqn Prints, and look every bit as good in the flesh - he really has done a great job. I'm just waiting for the postal tubes to arrive and deliveries will commence! We have thus far sold 1300 of the 2000 I ordered and made 4000 pounds for the charities we are supporting (RNLI and Childrens' Ward). We will be able to buy a specific bit of blood analysing equipment for the Childrens' Ward of the Dr Gray's hospital which will make a significant difference. If we keep going at the current rate we will have sold all the prints in about a week or so.

A very big thank you to everyone at Pprune who has ordered a print and I hope you will be as pleased with them as I am.

Best wishes

Buster

ps Hi Difar; I'm not efficient - it's all a facade like a swan peddling against the current!! :)

INT ZKJ
6th Mar 2010, 10:19
Let's keep it on the front page

TheSmiter
7th Mar 2010, 11:30
INT ZKJ de Smiter
QSB
INT QRM
k

PS Good work Mandrake, you'll get promotion out of this :ok:

PPS My lovely 4-ship has joined a large in-tray of certificates, photos (medal ceremonies, bi-annual Sqn line-ups, Bear F bomb bay) and assorted MR2 prints requiring immediate framing. Any recommendations for a reasonably priced establishment providing a good quality service in the Moray area?

Yours Aye
Smiter :suspect:

betty swallox
7th Mar 2010, 12:23
Dearest Smiter,
I have an ex-MR2 driver mate. He's set up a wee framing business in Nairn. I'll PM you his details...Inbound

TheSmiter
7th Mar 2010, 13:45
Mucho Gracias Betty

PM right back atcha.

Duncan D'Sorderlee
8th Mar 2010, 08:20
Buuuuuuummmmmp!

Ivan Rogov
8th Mar 2010, 19:44
Saw the print today, looks even better in the flesh, BZ buster!

P.S. Any idea how to get this back to the top :E:E:E

Duncan D'Sorderlee
9th Mar 2010, 08:00
It looks like the Wong painting! The painting is to be Concept 1 - a Nimrod over a stormy Rockall with brown jobs in the clouds...

Well, the web site says it better than I could.

Nimrod MR2 in aid of Help For Heroes Blog Archive Nimrod MR2 Initial Painting Commences… (http://www.nimrodprints.com/?p=317)

Duncs:ok:

nimrodhelpforheroes
9th Mar 2010, 08:44
Thanks Dunc's and nice one Buster.

Just to clarify, 2 initiatives unhelpfully but perhaps unsurprisingly merged here...

1. Sqn Prints. Available through Buster. [Mate hold one for me will ya?! Any left...]

2. Ronald Wong Painting (Prints). Painting commences this week - see next post.

A wad of cash is being raised for deserving Charities on both counts, I second Buster, thanks for all your support - we are receiving a lot of traffic through PPrune.

Cheers

Ross

andgo
10th Mar 2010, 15:06
Over £7500 now raised for H4H with the Ronald Wong painting. Final sketch now available for viewing with the actual painting being started now. Thanks for your support.

Booooooooing

nimrodhelpforheroes
10th Mar 2010, 15:49
http://www.nimrodprints.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Hunter03a.jpg

zedder
11th Mar 2010, 06:29
See the Sqn numbers prints are now being auctioned. Someone has made the point on the nimrodprints.com website that 236 (as in OCU) should be given the same treatment as well, although it will obviously come up for grabs once they do the Tail Nos anyway.

nimrodhelpforheroes
11th Mar 2010, 09:09
Thanks Zedders,

I can confirm that additional Sqn numbers will be added to the Auction asap due to feedback - using the Sqns reflected as historically correct on Busters 'Sqn Print'. My omission through ignorance.

'Sqn' numbers will take precedence over tail-frame numbers (however I am considering the same deal ie. the provision of framed tail-numbers, inscribed starting at £90 as per Sqn prints). This is on the basis that most of us will have the good intention of framing this beauty anyway for 40 notes or so - but will probably resign the print to a roll in the loft or a WHSmith click clack on the bog wall...

Tail frame numbers coming soon chaps ... check your logbooks ...

Ross

Ventre A Terre
12th Mar 2010, 08:37
Already bought my two, but it needs to go back to the top.:ok:

andgo
15th Mar 2010, 19:34
Many thanks to all who have supported this project. With only 2 weeks to go to MR2 OSD we have raised in excess of £8000. Sqn numbered prints are now up for auction and there has already been interest in the original oil painting.
Cheers
:ok:

zedder
17th Mar 2010, 09:07
I thought for minute that we'd disappeared off the front page. We seem to be back again now though!;)

leopold bloom
17th Mar 2010, 17:55
Will there be a "Farewell Tour" on the 31st that includes St Mawgan? If so any idea of timings? Saw the mighty hunter depart Culdrose today, the assembled dark blue I was with were impressed!:ok:

Gp Capt L Mandrake
18th Mar 2010, 12:57
Booooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg:ok :

andgo
18th Mar 2010, 15:07
Ronald Wong has now completed the oil painting! A low res photo of it is available for viewing on the nimrodhelpforheros website. Over £8500 now raised. Once again thanks to all for their support:ok:

zedder
18th Mar 2010, 15:08
I believe 42 are planning to visit their old haunt on the 30th.

Chippyfan
20th Mar 2010, 20:25
Back to the top:) the charities need the money

exairman
21st Mar 2010, 21:38
Hope you don't mind, but a photo taken last Friday of the last time in Gibraltar.

P1010044 on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/48614676@N04/4451404083/)

Duncan D'Sorderlee
22nd Mar 2010, 08:13
How did they manage to land on such a short runway?

:E:E

Bianca's; Cork's; Buccaneer's!

Duncs:ok:

neilmac
24th Mar 2010, 14:14
Ordered my print also good luck with reaching your target. Any gen on Hanger Party, even though left RAF last year worked with Nimrods in the DS and Gib would have liked to have gone as working now at Wick but mate on Station says seems a scramble for tickets, probably H&S issue for numbers.:*

NM

Gp Capt L Mandrake
24th Mar 2010, 18:03
Hi folks,

just a quick update. The prints have arrived on the Sqn and I'm just waiting for the several hundred postal tubes to get to me. Once they arrive deliveries will commence! Thanks to all not just for buying the print but for your patience waiting for them to get to you.

Best wishes

Buster

42 Sqn

Gp Capt L Mandrake
29th Mar 2010, 16:21
Hello everyone,

many thanks to all for your patience. The postal tubes have arrived and deliveries will be starting tomorrow, so for those in the UK you should expect to receive your print hopefully by the weekend. I today handed over a cheque on your behalf to the Childrens' Ward at Dr Gray's Hospital in Elgin, Moray for 2800 pounds. The money will be spent on a total reurbishment of the childrens' playroom which has not been decorated in many years. The room is used by all the children on the ward and will hopefully make their stay in hospital less intimidating. The balance of funds, once all the cheques are in, will be going to the Royal National Lifeboat Institute and should be for a similar amount.

Once again a big thanks to all who have bought the print and thanks for your patience.

Best wishes

Buster

Gp Capt L Mandrake
29th Mar 2010, 18:14
boiiiing:ok:

Gp Capt L Mandrake
29th Mar 2010, 21:18
Boiiinggggg:D

Dave Angel
30th Mar 2010, 16:37
BZ Buster
:ok:

Gp Capt L Mandrake
31st Mar 2010, 17:16
First 100 been sent out today! Never want to see another stamp...eughh:yuk:

Best wishes

Buster

im from uranus
22nd Apr 2010, 02:07
Don't know what you're licking Buster, but my 'tube' had a printed postage sticker :ok:

Great print, ta very much, and Oh!.. bump...