PDA

View Full Version : Initial Class One Medical

SloppyJoe
6th Feb 2010, 09:35
Hi,

Was wondering where you do the initial class 1 medical in Spain, how much it costs and how to book?

Thanks for any help.

LEVC
6th Feb 2010, 12:48
There are a few places where you can get an initial Class I medical certificate in Spain, I know there are at least 2 in Madrid, the CIMA which is run by the military, and another one related to Iberia, not sure if there are more in Madrid, but there is one in Barcelona, and another one in Valencia.

If you plan to get a JAR licence make sure you do the medical in the same country where you want your licence to be issued, as for new licence issuance, in most cases, the national authority will require the medical to be issued by a medical center supervised by them.

SloppyJoe
6th Feb 2010, 15:02
Thanks for the reply. Reason for the medical in Spain is the UK CAA charges +500 pounds and I dont want to give them any money. Have a job on the back of my FAA license but got that just after finishing all 14 exams during the first stage of the conversion to JAA. Running out of time to do the flying, has to be this year, or I lose the exams. Even though I have a job I plan to keep you never know what will happen so going to try and finish the conversion. Planning to do the CPL and IR conversions in Malaga and dont care who I get a license from as long as it is JAA. Does anyone know if doing the exams in the UK will cause a problem or will they be accepted in Spain so I end up with a FATPL from Spain?

Thanks.

Nightstop
6th Feb 2010, 15:45
I wouldn't be too reluctant to give the UK CAA Medical Branch 500+ for your initial Class One or whatever is required subsequent renewals. Most, if not all, non-Spanish pilots I know operating in Spain return to their home Country for their renewals....

verticalflight
11th Feb 2010, 07:52
I agree with Nightstop, most non-spanish pilots will go back to their country for their medical.

verticalflight