PDA

View Full Version : JAA Multi IR privileges

Jay_solo
5th Feb 2010, 12:43
Hi,

Say you have a JAA single engine instrument rating, and then you decide to get your JAA multi rating. To get instrument privileges on the rating, do you need to complete a special syllabus of training in addition to the initial multi training?

Or is it like the FAA, where on the check ride, you shoot some approaches and providing you pass, you get multi IR privileges included?

BoeingMEL
5th Feb 2010, 14:20
...I'd say not a chance in a million! An important part of the ME IR test is assymetric flying... by pure reference to instruments. Can't see the regs allowing you to escape that!! IMHO of course. bm

BillieBob
5th Feb 2010, 15:34
The answer, as always, lies in JAR-FCL 1, in this case Appendix 1 to JAR-FCL1.205 - The holder of a single-engine IR(A) who also holds a multi-engine type or class rating wishing to obtain a multi-engine IR(A) for the first time shall satisfactorily complete a course at an approved FTO/TRTO comprising at least five hours instruction in instrument flying in multi-engine aeroplanes, of which 3 hours may be in a flight simulator or FNPT II.

You will then, of course, have to pass the IR Skill Test in a ME aeroplane.

Jay_solo
5th Feb 2010, 16:48
ok thanks guys!