PDA

View Full Version : DGCA help

flyboy_nz
4th Feb 2010, 11:06
Hi everyone,

Just a small query. I have done my Multi-Engine Instrument Rating on a BE76 in 2008. 2009 I renewed it on a Piper Seminole which is not listed on the DGCA aircraft list. This year I am going to renew it on a P68C which is listed on the DGCA aircraft list. Unfortunately, I do not have a BE76 available nearby to renew my IR.

Now, I have done my Day and Night check on this aircraft. I will be doing my renewal as well on this aircraft. Do I need 10hrs on the P68C? I have more than 10hrs on the BE76.

Also, do I need 5 hrs Instrument time on the P68C for the six month recency or can I build that on a single engine ac?

silent_scream
4th Feb 2010, 15:52
Since you say you have done the check's on P-68, that would be about 2-3 hours. Add the IR test, another Hour and Half. So about 5 hours on the P-68 should be good enough and convincing for DGCA to renew your IR and also add P-68 to your Type rating page.

If you are in India, Open house at DGCA Delhi / Bangalore is the best thing that happened to us in a long time.

And recency is usually type specific. So as long as you have the required hours on a Multi Engine plane, you have the requirement.

All the best and please post back when you get things sorted out. Will help a lot of other Aviators.

Silent.

flyboy_nz
4th Feb 2010, 21:38
Thanks Silent for the reply, will keep everyone posted.

PA-34
7th Feb 2010, 10:44
Hi, I have done my training in Canada and converted my license last year.
I have Canadian and Indian CPL with Cessna 172 and Piper Seneca endorsed on my License, Now I want to do some flying at any of the flying clubs in North India, and want to fly Cessna 152. I would like to know What are the requirements to get an aircraft endorsed on the license, do I need to pass technical specific exam and do day and night check only or there are some other requirements also I need to fullfill?

flyboy_nz
7th Feb 2010, 11:17
Mate, from what I have heard, the Indian flying organisations will empty your pockets just for an aircraft endorsement. I would recommend you to keep flying the 172. Just my 2cents.

jimmygill
7th Feb 2010, 12:12
Cessna 152 endorsement
Hi, I have done my training in Canada and converted my license last year.
I have Canadian and Indian CPL with Cessna 172 and Piper Seneca endorsed on my License, Now I want to do some flying at any of the flying clubs in North India, and want to fly Cessna 152. I would like to know What are the requirements to get an aircraft endorsed on the license, do I need to pass technical specific exam and do day and night check only or there are some other requirements also I need to fullfill?

1. The Indian Route
a. Clear the Technical Specific for the C-152 A
b. Take day/night/IR(if Needed) check after a single training flight and put papers for endorsement.

2. The Foreign Route
a. Take prior permission from DGCA that you will get C-152 training from a particular school in Canada or USA
b. Submit the test result (from foreign training school) and day night check, IR.

3. If you have already been flying the C-152 then you can apply under CAR

CIVIL AVIATION REQUIREMENTS
SECTION 7 FLIGHT CREW STANDARDS
SERIES ‘G’ PART I
ISSUE I, 27th JULY, 1999

6. ENDORSEMENT ON INDIAN LICENCE ON THE BASIS OF
LICENCE ISSUED BY AN ICAO CONTRACTING STATE:
Pilots, when regularly flying on a foreign licence, can have their Indian licence,
if valid, endorsed on the type presently flying provided they have Class I
Medical and carry out IR/LR on the Simulator, of the aircraft type, under
observation of FOI/ DGCA nominated Examiner provided such type of aircraft
is registered in India.

P.S. They didn't define the word 'regularly'. So I guess you can assume it to take a definition in one of the dictionaries

PA-34
7th Feb 2010, 15:12
Thanks alot guys, I understood the procedure and looks like i will have to stick to Cessna 172 right now, I havent flown Cessna 152 ever and it will take some time to arrange course completion certificate to sit in technical specific examination and other formalities.

Though I wont be flying much, but I will try to find an academy with most reasonable rates for Cessna 172, as much as I know there are two flight schools in Patiala out which one charges 7800rs/ hour with 10000rs as registration fees and other one charges 9000rs/ hour and 25000rs registration fees which they told me they wont charge, looks like they want to make every one feel special:} so that every one enrols with them lol.

I will try to find some more school lets seee,

Once again thanks alot guys for helping me.