PDA

View Full Version : PPLH Flying in India - recommendations ?

johned0
4th Feb 2010, 10:08
Dear All,

I am off to India in a few weeks :ok: on business and would welcome any suggestions about where to rent a helicopter for a few hours - I am PPLH with 280 hrs, mainly fly 44s but also 120s, 206s etc. I'm thinking that the easiest thing to do is to rent a heli and instructor.

I will mainly be in Moombai and New Delhi but will also take a trip to Agra.

I have reviewed the Flying in India merged threads and I would welcome any suggestions.

Thanks very much,

John

spinwing
4th Feb 2010, 11:39
Mmmm ...

I don't think you can (rent a machine) ... BUT .... might I suggest you PM "GoodGrief" of this forum for info re your request ... he is based there (Mumbai) and might be able to help ...

Good luck ... :}

nigelh
4th Feb 2010, 12:02
lots of loo paper ....:ooh:

GoodGrief
4th Feb 2010, 14:20
You need to check about your licence with DGCA first.
Since you do not hold an Indian licence or a FATA you would count as a passenger and thus the dual controls would have to be removed.

Auschick
11th Feb 2010, 15:09
It's not really as simple over here as grabbing an instructor and jumping in a machine and going for a fly. There is a smattering of R44s around India, and I believe only one certified R44 instructor...helicopter flying schools are still on the up and coming....... and as per Good Grief's post the amount of paperwork etc you would need to do...well...you would be back at home long before anything was done! and the going rate is at least $US1200/hr and either in Mumbai or Delhi you would be charged at least one hour......

However.... if you'd like a "scenic" flight of Delhi in its 1500m viz :} let me know

spinwing
11th Feb 2010, 15:25
Mmmm ...

GG .... Mumbai this Saturday .... FATA ...wednesday ...... Visak ... prob Friday!! :eek:

Prob will not be able to catch up for the 'Kingfisher' this time :(

Cheers