PDA

View Full Version : Darwin gear colapse 3/2/10

beat ups are fun
4th Feb 2010, 01:35
Does anybody have any info on the gear collapse at Darwin yesterday? All I've heard is that a C210 was holding for 30 mins due gear problems and on landing the right main collapsed. Are pilot and pax OK?

AussieNick
4th Feb 2010, 02:09
I heard about a 210 running off the runway after a pretty major downpour, heard nothing bout a gear collapse. I have my suspicion but won't say it until it becomes official

biggles7374
4th Feb 2010, 02:30
Gear failure causes plane to crash land

February 2nd, 2010

A PLANE crash landed on the runway at the Darwin International Airport yesterday.
Police Watch Commander Senior Sergeant Craig Ryan said the Cessna 210 experienced a main gear failure during an attempted landing at 4.35pm yesterday afternoon.
"The plane skidded to the side of the runway, where it stopped," Watch Commander Sen-Sgt Ryan said.
The white and brown high-wing Cessna had to be towed off the runway.
The airport's operations manager Bob Callaby last night told the Northern Territory News that only two people had been on the plane, but nobody was injured in the incident.
Only two weeks ago a five-seater Cessna "belly landed" at Ngukurr, 320km southeast of Katherine, after the landing gear failed.
Nobody was injured in that incident and police praised the pilot's flying skills.

eternity
4th Feb 2010, 10:20
yes it was

eeper23
4th Feb 2010, 13:17
who did the belly up at ngu???

ResumeOwnNav
4th Feb 2010, 13:32
NGU was a MAFie

Aerohooligan
6th Feb 2010, 01:29
I flew that very plane a couple of months back (don't work for Chartair though). Small world. Good to hear it was a good outcome.

Incidentally, saw it at Cessna Territory the other day, sans empennage - I spose it'll be up flying again before too long.

Ixixly
6th Feb 2010, 05:29
Ahh yes, Mr Cessna built them to last the test of time! :}

manymak
6th Feb 2010, 07:34
What was the rego?

Anonymousbluesky
11th Feb 2010, 20:27
it was OKJ which is currently sitting at cessna territory minus a tail, rumour has it the hydralic oil had a leak and by the time it arrived in darwin had barely any oil in the lines at all :eek:. the pilot was required to sign a hush paper agreeing not to talk to anyone about the incident:oh:.

DUXNUTZ
12th Feb 2010, 00:05
I got time in that plane!

goldypilot
12th Feb 2010, 02:08
luke it seems like that hush agreement is no longer a secret. Lets face it. Prune is the way to find out info. I know the driver of the incident will be reading and wondering if he got any pics for me???? I want to see what it looked like

mic310
12th Feb 2010, 07:26
Thanks for LJ