PDA

View Full Version : cabair Bournemouth

dansteptoe
3rd Feb 2010, 14:29
Anybody starting Cabair full time groundschool at bournemouth on 1st March??

dansteptoe
3rd Feb 2010, 19:07
hey

ok mate ace :D where bouts are u stayin??

Mp777
3rd Feb 2010, 19:45
I am thinking to start but still I am not decided..between Bcft or Cabair..i heard good and bad stories about both..so a little confused.??

CABUS
4th Feb 2010, 10:14
Morning chaps, I passed through the 'other school' BCFT a few years ago and had the best time of my life in the big B mouth! If you guys need a great place to stay I can suggest where I stayed so PM me.

As you guys are joining can I just say a few things, from experience there is no real difference between Cabair and BCFT. Cabair ground school may be better but only slightly however BCFT's sim is a bit and guys there seemed to get thought their CPL/ME/IR much quicker due to availability of instructors and aircraft. With regards to Cabair looking much better on the CV, that is a bit of a sweeping statement to make. All the guys I knew in Cabair are instructing or sadly looking where as at BCFT all of the guys are either flying Airliners, waiting for TR's or instructing. I just wanted to make the point that no school is really better than the other, when I was in the big B mouth quite a few of the new Cabair students seemed to look down their nose at the BCFT guys so please dont do the same as you will probably be working together soon after.

When you are in Bournemouth you must go to the Curlew pub, its just around the corner serving great food with some saucy staff! Also the place I would suggest is walking distance from both the school and pub, good times.

Have fun and I hope to see a few of you on the line one day.

Cabus:ok:

SweetChariotXV
4th Feb 2010, 11:09
hey cabair is apparently much better than the other oneThat is a rather sweeping statement. Which is the "other one" you are talking about?

I can't comment on cabair as have not trained there. Have heard things about them, but that is hearsay, so am not in a position to comment on their standard of training.

If you are referring to BCFT. Speaking from personal experience, I can say that the quality of training at BCFT is excellent. The atmosphere is relaxed, no requirement to wear a uniform with a ridiculous one stripe epaulet on your shoulders! The instructors are very experienced, really know their stuff, and were always more than happy to help in my training.

The instructors are also very passionate in teaching you the subjects rather than the best way to learn the Bristol database. If you put your head down, good first time passes were the norm with the ATPL's.

But don't take my word for it. For anyone thinking of choosing a school, and not sure where to go, I can't emphasis enough the importance enough to visit the schools you're thinking of going to. At the end of the day, you will be investing alot of money and time in the FTO you go to. Don't pick a school based soley on the opinions of people on pprune. I looked at BCFT and Cabair, and after looking at both schools, my decision was an easy one.

I am thinking to start but still I am not decided..between Bcft or Cabair..i heard good and bad stories about both..so a little confused.??

The search engine at the top of pprune screen is your friend, tap in both bcft and cabair. I think you will get a clear picture of the general consensus of the schools.

Cabair looks better on your CV :-)

Complete tosh. That is why cabair students are completing their training at other schools, including bcft. And also why Flybe's chief pilot, Ian Baston, was at bcft yesterday, stating that when recruitment does begin to happen again (be it a LONG way away!), bcft will be, and have been one of the schools they recognise when sourcing newly trained pilots.

Visit the schools. Speak to the students. See for yourself. Don't rely on pprune views as gospel. Everyone's got an opinion (including me!), and what might suit me, may not suit someone else. But what I do know and will say, is the training at bcft is second to none, and as such, is held in high regard by the airlines.

Cheers, SC

Groundloop
4th Feb 2010, 11:58
When you are in Bournemouth you must go to the Curlew pub, its just around the corner serving great food

Be very careful of advice from someone who thinks the Curlew serves great food!:ok:

CABUS
4th Feb 2010, 15:55
It used to three years ago when I was there however, management did change when I left. Are the bar staff still saucy or has it all gone down hill?;)

SweetChariotXV
4th Feb 2010, 18:12
Be very careful of advice from someone who thinks the Curlew serves great food!It is great food....

Their chilli puffs and a Peroni. Makes me hungry and thirsty just thinking about it!