PDA

View Full Version : Indian Coast Guard

Un Piloto
3rd Feb 2010, 12:44
Hey does anyone have any news on the upcoming Coast Guard exam??

irockoo7
5th Feb 2010, 10:55
the last date for submitting applications is 8th feb.. im sure ul knw that.. so expect a list of selected candidates after that!

Un Piloto
14th Feb 2010, 15:49
Has anyone got their call letters for the Coast Guard exam??

silent_scream
15th Feb 2010, 02:20
It is officially supposed to be Feb End. But considering the reputation of India Post, I do not think they'd come soon.

The Date of Exams is not fixed. And the Batch begins in Aug 10. So there is plenty of time.

All the Best.
Silent.

naughtyjay
25th Feb 2010, 07:43
i also have applied,,,,but no further info received from their end...

the last dates were 15th feb for assam n such places...

the previous fast track recruitment in nov was bull ****....

also nebody has idea whut to study ???

Un Piloto
6th Mar 2010, 03:52
@naughtyjay- The first two rounds are purely based on aptitude, n the following rounds are gds n interviews n stuff where u really cant study much. Brush up on your 10th-12th Physics though.:ok:

naughtyjay
6th Mar 2010, 05:52
thanks alot for ur reply,can u plz tell me if u have got ur roll no...
i still havent recived it yet, n when is the exam ???
thanks

rkw_12
6th Mar 2010, 05:58
@naughtyjay - i too have not recd any reply yet. when u had sent ur form?

rkw_12
6th Mar 2010, 06:02
is there any specific rules for the character certificate? also has it to be strictly not older than 6 months?

Un Piloto
6th Mar 2010, 08:56
I haven got the call letter either. But we can expect the exam sometime this month.
About the character certificate, yes it has to be within 6 months of applying.
Keep us posted on the latest!
All the best!

rkw_12
6th Mar 2010, 09:52
thanks for the reply

naughtyjay
6th Mar 2010, 18:57
nope,....the character need not strict be witihin 6 montsh....

last yr i had applied, in which it was already more thn a yr old...
usually in mumbai it takes 2-3 months for it to come...i cldnt wait tht long for it,,,so had applied for it...ne wys i did not attempt last yr...

silent_scream
7th Mar 2010, 01:46
@naughtyjay,

Can you please post the procedure you went through to apply the Character Certificate ?

Thanks.
Silent.

rkw_12
7th Mar 2010, 10:55
@naughtyjay
could u pls mention the issuing authority for the certficate?

naughtyjay
7th Mar 2010, 20:19
fulled a form at the HQ of mumbai police in marathi !!!!
along with relevant docs which r required for the reason...

later arnd 1 month, the inquiry came to my local police stn, for which i had to go there n ans non relevant Qs,
and 1 month after tht i had to go n collect the certificate frmth HQ

whut procedure did u follow...lemme knw if there a shrtcut :confused:

silent_scream
8th Mar 2010, 03:08
whut procedure did u follow...lemme knw if there a shrtcut

Thanks naughtyjay. The procedure is the same. Although the time required for the certificate depends upon the resources you put in. Hope you get the drift.

All the best.
Silent.

rkw_12
8th Mar 2010, 06:13
Character certficate
Normally, if only "char cert" is mentioned without any specification, it can be issued by any gazetted officer who has known you for a considerable period.Such a cert is sufficient for many govt. jobs. but dont know whether coast guard accepts only cert from police.
will be helpful if someone clarifies this.

Un Piloto
8th Mar 2010, 14:12
The police dept is not authorised to sign character certificates. I know this for sure, because there is where I went first and even though my Uncle is in the police, he dint sign it! Then ultimately, I got a certificate made from the company where I was working. That's sufficient.

silent_scream
8th Mar 2010, 15:28
Ok now I am confused. What exactly is it that Coast Guard wants ?

The Certificate I am talking about is the one Issued by the Police Department to individuals when you have a written requirement for the same (For Eg. Airline employees have to get the certificate for Issue of Airport Entry Passes)

But If it has to be by just a gazetted officer, what do we write on it ? Would just a single line saying "He/She bears a good moral character" suffice ?

I tried calling Coast Guard to ask them. But no use.

Silent.

rkw_12
9th Mar 2010, 06:15
@silent scream
Yes it should be like this."I have known so & so for the past _____ years. To my best of knowledge, he/she bears a good moral character."
Some govt. jobs mentions that the issuer can be any responsible citizen. The point is that the issuer should know you and that is why i doubt whether the police which does not know you can issue such a cert or not.

naughtyjay
9th Mar 2010, 08:53
Character Certificate is issued by Gazetted Officers and Police Department.

Both the certificates are different, Police certificate is more valued as a background check is done , n checked if the person has ne record or pending cases. in case of a registered NC,,,it will be issued.

for RTR exams we need a character certificate frm gazetted officer,

and for issue of SPL we need from the cops, same goes for overseas employment, also for military and para military forces.

rkw_12
10th Mar 2010, 10:33
@ all
any news about call letters?

naughtyjay
10th Mar 2010, 17:50
u mean call letters for exam !! ??

nope nothing yet, i keep trying calling them at their recruitment no...
bu just like all governmnt offices....no answer.. !!! :ugh::ugh::{:mad:

i call at this no..01202411752

all of u also plz try calling...

Un Piloto
11th Mar 2010, 12:35
Guys the list of selected candidates is out. There are barely 12 CPL holders on that list. Does anyone have any information as to why so!!Has anyone appeared for the exam which was in Dec?

naughtyjay
11th Mar 2010, 14:18
yup..
only 16 candidates have been called .. dont know why
mu names not there...

whut can be done ?????

plz reply

captain-planet
11th Mar 2010, 16:20
i dont see a delhi list..
delhi was also supposed to be a center right?

naughtyjay
11th Mar 2010, 17:47
Delhi List Is Missing...
And Exam For Cpl Holders Was To Be Only At Delhi N Chennai..

Also There R 2 Guys With Cpl Giving Exam At Mumbai...

Something Fishy Huh...

Plz Reply Guys

silent_scream
12th Mar 2010, 00:07
From what I saw during the Last recruitment, the List used to be updated every few days. First I saw 500. Then 600, then 700 or so, and it final ed out at around 850.

So lets hope they are going to update it.

@captain planet, PSB centre are Kolkata /Bhubaneshwar/Vishakhapatnam/Chennai/Kochi/Mumbai/Nagpur/Port-Blair/ Noida (U.P)

FSB is at Chennai or Delhi

There are only 15 CPL Names so far. Bound to be updated i think.
All the Best.

Silent.

rkw_12
12th Mar 2010, 07:58
@all
Has anyone received the call up letter? my PSB on 15th march but yet to receive the call letter.

bombayhues
12th Mar 2010, 10:52
Can someone post the link to the list please

rkw_12
12th Mar 2010, 11:36
this is the site
Indian Coast Guard (http://indiancoastguard.nic.in/)

rkw_12
12th Mar 2010, 11:38
@all
what is to be done if ur name is on the list but call letter not received?
pls reply asap.

Un Piloto
12th Mar 2010, 15:28
For the guys who haven recevied the call letter, but have their name on the list, just take a print out of the list which has your name n highlight it. They just need your roll no. They are not very fussy bout the call letter.
AND for the guys whose names are not on the list (including me), we'll just have to wait for their next list which would be out sometime next week. Keeping fingers crossed!!

rkw_12
12th Mar 2010, 18:33
@un piloto
Thanks for the info. Hope the updated list comes soon. All the best.

naughtyjay
16th Mar 2010, 17:48
how many of u got ur names in the list...

n those who dint, did u all up, whut was the response

Un Piloto
17th Mar 2010, 08:35
The Noida/ Delhi list is out. Who can we contact if our name's not in there? Can anyone help us on this plz.

naughtyjay
17th Mar 2010, 13:12
hey , guys , the list is out, n i finally got my name in it...

now, can some 1 plz tell me hwut am i suppose to study for these exams, n where can i get the notes from ???

Jet Gear
22nd Mar 2010, 07:35
Hey Guys,
I gave my PSB at Mumbai and got through for FSB at Noida,so just wanna know how is FSB like?
Thanks

naughtyjay
23rd Mar 2010, 07:54
did u appear for CPL holders....or smethin else...

cause for cpl its only at noida n chennai

Un Piloto
23rd Mar 2010, 18:18
@ Jet Gear- How did the PSB go? As in wot all did it include?
FSB includes GDs n Interviews

Jet Gear
26th Mar 2010, 06:28
@UN Piloto, they had verbal and non verbal tests as an entrance exam then GDs followed by an interview.
So again GDs and interview in FSB!!??

Un Piloto
27th Mar 2010, 08:58
@Jet Gear, what kind of GD did you have? Because the GDs in FSB are based only on current events. The interview is quite general, with a few technical questions thrown in.
All the best!!

Jet Gear
27th Mar 2010, 18:04
@Un Piloto, yeah it was like they show a picture and u have to make a story on that pic. and after that you group discuss on it...that was it..so FSB's GD should be difficult i guess.!! anyways thanks man.

naughtyjay
2nd Apr 2010, 12:48
i went thru the PSB at noida...
they had taken the GD also..... and most werent selected for th FSB...

did ne1 get selected ??

Un Piloto
4th Apr 2010, 07:26
@ Jet Gear- Which centre did you opt for because Ive heard that the ones in Chennai centre are already done with the FSB and goin in for their medicals!!!! I really donno wot the selection procedure is like!! Its kinda confusin!

aviator1989
31st Aug 2010, 15:42
I'm Expecting My PSB in next week for asst commd jan 2011 batch
any one else giving ?
any other info what to prepare and how is the mental ability test
what to keep in mind n all would be really helpful
as i have no idea about it :confused:

cynicalczar2001
7th Nov 2010, 13:18
have u guys seen the ad in the paper for the fast track selection recently? i have an aussie cpl licence. it says that i need a cpl "approved by dgca" wats that supposed to mean? can i still show up with an aussie licence??

niksmathew24
7th Nov 2010, 16:16
Indian DGCA CPL(current) is mandatory...

nikhilheb
8th Nov 2010, 09:55
Are you sure a DGCA CPL is mandatory? I applied last time with an FAA CPL and was called up for the PSB (Normal not fast track) in August, but wasn't able to attend it because I was in the US completing recency. I'm guessing it should be the same for fast track as well.

niksmathew24
8th Nov 2010, 10:51
@ nikhil
According to Coast Guard's latest ad it says so..

highfly007
15th Nov 2010, 15:16
do u guys know in fsb of coast guard what is there in Psychological Test, Group Testing and Interview (Personality Test)?