PDA

View Full Version : cd rom drive

much2much
3rd Feb 2010, 09:23
my CD ROM drive will not show when a disc is loaded. ie it says load disc, i have checked the system for compatibility and no probs,device manager says all is well. but again shows no media loaded, looked on the web many similar probs, but no real answers,ANY ideas or is it simply hard ware ,it's old and run on o/s xp
thanks.

Sprogget
3rd Feb 2010, 09:47
Any disc or a particular disc? drives can be fussy about what they do and don't recognise. Make & model of cd rom?

much2much
3rd Feb 2010, 10:57
Any disc tried, audio, which was o.k last week,the reason i found the failure i tried to re load a blue tooth program, the make atpi cd rom 52x

Sprogget
3rd Feb 2010, 11:02
That is the device type, not the make and model.

much2much
3rd Feb 2010, 11:14
i,ll have another look it just says( standard cd/rom drive under manufacturer) but stand bye thanks

much2much
3rd Feb 2010, 11:16
no thats the only info unless i take it out,nothing there exept made in china

Sprogget
3rd Feb 2010, 19:52
Uninstall it in device manager, reinstall it. Update the driver. Check the autoplay settings haven't been changed by anything. Restore the system to a point where it was working ok.

One or more of the above may fix it. System restore as last resort. If you've installed any software recently, check that isn't interfering with it.

Don Coyote
6th Feb 2010, 08:06
Downloading the latest Intel Chipset drivers seemed to sort out the problems with my DVD drive.