PDA

View Full Version : A spot of good publicity....

Jabba_TG12
3rd Feb 2010, 08:30
In amongst all the crap news that we've been having recently, it makes a change to read some good news...

Royal Air Force showcases Tornado's Afghan versatility (http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2010/01/28/337745/royal-air-force-showcases-tornados-afghan-versatility.html)

Dunno if its already been posted before, but it strikes me as being a good, positive article. All is not lost yet... not til this afternoons' green paper anyway :uhoh:

MightyGem
3rd Feb 2010, 13:49
Ah, yes, but he's only writing up what he's been told by an RAF spokesman, who's hardly going to say that it's not working. :E

Mick Strigg
3rd Feb 2010, 15:22
Isn't this called "spin"?

Neptunus Rex
3rd Feb 2010, 16:57
More Staff Officers re-inventing the wheel.
In Aden (and other sandy parts) in the '50s and 60's it was called a 'Flag Wave.' Hunters didn't need afterburners.

http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/yawnhand.gif

Jabba_TG12
3rd Feb 2010, 17:00
Oh well. :O

Maybe it is just spin. I jus thought it made a change to see something written that had a positive angle to it. :(

sprucemoose
4th Feb 2010, 13:24
MightyGem - show some respect please fella.
Say what you like about the contents of the article, good or bad, but at least actually bother to read what it says.
All the quotes were provided by squadron pilots, not an RAF spokesman. They may have a line that they were trying to get across, but reporters can only report on what they see and hear.
Maybe you just preferred the bulk of the mass media coverage from the day, which didn't look beyond the fact that the squadron has - gasp - a woman on it!

MightyGem
4th Feb 2010, 16:56
Low banter tolerance, spruce? :ok:

peppermint_jam
5th Feb 2010, 07:29
Black 'n Yellar

You owe me for a new keyboard, mine is soaked in coffee now!

:D

sprucemoose
5th Feb 2010, 12:32
MightyGem - if you had been engaging in banter then I would have joined in; you weren't, so I didn't.

But yes, tolerance levels were somewhat eroded after having spent 6h on a motorbike getting to and from a sub-zero Marham in January for the story!

MightyGem
5th Feb 2010, 23:18
Yes I was, because I wouldn't criticise or denigrate what anyone does out there.
Maybe you just preferred the bulk of the mass media coverage from the day, which didn't look beyond the fact that the squadron has - gasp - a woman on it!
Oh yes, you lost me on that one. What's a woman got to do with it?

sprucemoose
9th Feb 2010, 12:35
I think we'll just agree to differ, MigthyGem - if describing a journalist's work as "only writing up what he's been told by an RAF spokesman" isn't criticism then I'm not sure what is.