PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Office 2007+ enterprise

gingernut
1st Feb 2010, 15:55
Just off to purchase a new laptop. The main requirement is that I can use microsoft office (2007) on it.

I put this on my previous laptop thanks to an upgrade pack available from work.

I'm assuming the new laptop won't be pre-loaded with office, so will the upgrade pack from work, load ok? Or if its an upgrade pack, will some "original" software be required.

If not, as a member of the NHS, I'm eligible to download "microsoft office enterprise 2007" for nine quid. Will this work with my firms software?

thanks in advance, ginge:)

Saab Dastard
1st Feb 2010, 16:48
Upgrade pack won't work without a qualifying MS product installed, or corresponding installation CD available. You would need to check what the qualifying products are.

Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/suites/FX101674041033.aspx) contains pretty much all available Office 2007 components, and these are the same across all editions, so yes, your firm's software will "work", assuming it "works" with Office 2007.

SD

gingernut
1st Feb 2010, 20:10
Thanks for the replies.:ok:

al446
1st Feb 2010, 20:25
Save yourself nine squid and install Openoffice, you can download it or get it off a cover disk. Totally compatible with MS and FREE.

Bushfiva
2nd Feb 2010, 02:10
"Totally compatible" is utter nonsense.