PDA

View Full Version : Cab Air

dansteptoe
1st Feb 2010, 09:58
thinking of doing my ATPL Ground school at either Bournemouth, Cranfield or oxford can anybody who is currently training at either of these please let me know what they are like thanks alot :D

ab33t
1st Feb 2010, 11:52
I started with them but quickly changed to London Met .

laverda62
1st Feb 2010, 12:25
Try CAT's Ground School at Luton (they were at Cranfield). They do a Distance Learning programme. I completed my ATPL course in August 2009 with them. They are also I believe the only one offering the course at £999. The ground school sessions were excellent with their H.O.T and another very experience ex RAF instructor with loads of practical experience. You will need to work hard and not expect to be spoon fed the material. I suggest that you pay them a visit. Also plan to use the Bristol QB to supplement the materials.:ok:

dansteptoe
1st Feb 2010, 13:19
brill thanks for that guys. how come u moved so qucikly??

b.a. Baracus
1st Feb 2010, 13:29
I am using CATS and so far have found them to be very flexible in order to fit in with work commitments etc. The online study material is good and explains the material well.

dansteptoe
1st Feb 2010, 13:54
thnk u :) is cats full time groundschool?? is that at cranfield??

b.a. Baracus
1st Feb 2010, 14:01
They can do full time, although I am signed up on distance learning. They are based in Luton after having moved there in Nov 09 I believe.

dansteptoe
1st Feb 2010, 14:04
thnks for that ill look into it :D

JaMiE7Walker
1st Feb 2010, 14:15
I completed my ATPL exams in July 2009. I went to Cabair in Bournemouth and seriously they were a fantastic outfit. A six month course which is very disciplined and taught extremely well. Mainly ex military instructors who were always willing to go out their way to help you. (Stay after class etc)
I finished the course with a 93% average and passed all my exams first time.
Pm me if you want more detail

Thanks

citation89
1st Feb 2010, 16:21
I agree with the above post! Great Instructors, great teaching, great place to do your ground school!!!

jonnyhock
1st Feb 2010, 16:27
Agree completely with above, i finished up there 3 months ago and averaged 92%. Really good instructors who are willing to put in extra time to help you out, provided you are willing to apply yourself and get the work done!
The pass rates are excellent and they display the exam results at the school. I noticed that the vast majority of the few fails they had were from 'serial-fail' types who struggled with all subjects across the board.

Would reccomend Cabair Bournemouth to anyone who is serious about getting through the ATPLs.

darn
1st Feb 2010, 16:28
I also agree with above post - I finished with Cabair in summer 2008 and found all the instructors excellant and if your willing to put the work in you will come out with a high average mark.

Not so sure about the flying side of Cabair but the groundschool was certainly good.

dansteptoe
1st Feb 2010, 17:06
what is the accomodation like down there?? isthere places to say at bournemouth airport or do you stay in rented accomodation? thnks