PDA

View Full Version : [ATPL Teorical] Bristol.gs

KAVA_
1st Feb 2010, 09:10
Hello everybody,

little question:

Taking the CAA Theoretical ATPL in UK (e.g. Bristol.gs), will that let me free to take any other training in all Europe?

Any direct experience with those questions?

:)Cheers

tigermagicjohn
1st Feb 2010, 10:42
No........

federico100mt
1st Feb 2010, 11:39
why no?

I think yes! Waiting for direct experiences...

Torque Tonight
1st Feb 2010, 12:43
I believe that you have to have done the theory in the same country that issues your licence. You better speak to Bristol directly - they should know the current official line.

tigermagicjohn
1st Feb 2010, 12:56
Answer is still NO. CPL and ATPL in same country.

Whirlygig
1st Feb 2010, 13:34
The answer is no but ......

If you have the written permission of each member state to undergo theoretical training in one member state and flying training in another, you can.

You would need this written permission before you start and you can't assume that it will be given.

But it is possible.

Cheers

Whirls

federico100mt
1st Feb 2010, 18:42
Answer is still NO. CPL and ATPL in same country.

PERFECT! well, you write CPL... and for the MEP an IR? (sorry sorry sorry... but it is important!):)

punk666
1st Feb 2010, 19:23
My friend did his writtens in the States and did his CPL in the UK and there were no problems.

lasseb
1st Feb 2010, 21:52
My guess is your friend did it on a UK JAA school in USA, in which case it is still the same JAR state.

Colla
22nd Feb 2010, 08:25
not true...... get your info first.. You can do your ATPL in one country and checkrides in another. But both CAAs of each country have to agree that the person is allowed to do so. I'm doing ATPL in England and CPL/IR in Sweden

Its all under A8 http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?categoryid=175&pagetype=68&groupid=780 (http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?categoryid=175&pagetype=68&groupid=780)

Keith.Williams.
22nd Feb 2010, 10:31
Ok, now let's all go back to the original question.

Taking the CAA Theoretical ATPL in UK (e.g. Bristol.gs), will that let me free to take any other training in all Europe?

This appears to be asking if he/she will have absolute freedom of choice about where each part of the training is carried out.

If that is the question, then the answer NO.

You must have the written approval of each of the authorities involved.

Some will probably agree and some will probably not.

It would be sensible to get this written approval before committing any money to the venture.

tigermagicjohn
28th Feb 2010, 19:19
Good luck to get the Swedish CAA approval on that. I tried Norway, and they just said NO!

lasseb
15th Mar 2010, 21:30
colla ->
I really really hope you know what you are doing!!!
I had a friend who did that exact thing (UK ATPL theory, Swedish CPL skill test)
He had to do it again in the UK, after 3 month of battling with the UK and Swedish CAA.