PDA

View Full Version : UAE Aerobatic Club

U.Aero.E
31st Jan 2010, 10:26
If there are any UAE based Pilots interested in forming an Aerobatic Club, with the intention of purchasing and operating one or more Aerobatic Aircraft, could they express there interest either by PM or to:-

u. aero. e @ hotmail. com

But without the spaces

a747jb
1st Feb 2010, 21:01
I am definitely interested. I live in Dubai and own a Pitts S2C back in the states. I really think there will be some major interest with Aerobatics here if we can get over some of the hurdles that are currently preventing much in the line of GA flying.

Dixons Cider
2nd Feb 2010, 04:55
PM'd you.

As you say 747, its a matter of overcoming the hurdles to GA here. It is possible - I currently see a Stearman, Tobago and various microlights in the skies over Abu Dhabi.
Having the right person on board would make a big difference in overcoming these hurdles

Cipriano
2nd Feb 2010, 11:09
I have an Extra 300LP based in Germany, it has less than 60 hrs on it and need to be flown more often. It was not possible to register the airplane privately in the UAE. I tried it quite some time ago. If it's a club it might be approved. I will sell the airplane if I can't find a solution because I randomly fly it since it's not possible to get enough days off to go back home to take care of it.
:sad:

euindkan
2nd Feb 2010, 11:33
@ U.Aero.E
chk your email.
we should definatly have a group of like minded people interested in aerobats

Overtimer997
3rd Feb 2010, 10:37
I would also be very interested in setting up a group. Keep me posted.
Rgds.

CaptainMAK
3rd Feb 2010, 10:44
I'm very much interested in this as well. Aero, please check your PM.

U.Aero.E
3rd Feb 2010, 11:28
Thanks for the replies, emails and PMs guys.

There definatley seems to be a groundswell of enthusiasm.

I'll contact you all in the next day or so, and we can at least start batting ideas around by e-mail, and perhaps look at a meeting in the next few weeks.

As has been sugested, the avenue of a club might meet with more regulatory aproval than an inividual.

hedfan
4th Feb 2010, 10:04
:ok Hi, Another one interested great idea ! been trying to do some light aircraft flying here for a while but its easier to get to fly ther b....... shuttle !:ugh:
Been flying a desk ( dont worry not EY or EK management) for a while so need to get rid of cobwebs and get some sanity back, as I no longer fly for a living here even getting a validation even a PPL is so difficult now that Um Al qwain is closed.

John Miller
4th Feb 2010, 11:49
That's news Hedfan - since when has UAQ been closed and why?

CaptainMAK
4th Feb 2010, 14:33
Well Horizon Academy (from Al-Ain) took over UAQ! That's all.

Dixons Cider
4th Feb 2010, 16:01
hedfan

If you need a fix in the short term you could have a look at Jazirah Aviation Club (http://www.jac-uae.net) in RAK, ultralights for hire/training.

Ok, its not an Extra 300 or a Pitts - but its better than a desk! ;)

Greeezeditonmate
6th Feb 2010, 08:27
I am keen on an Aerobatic club, keep me posted. I got a Pitts and fly a Yak 52 also.

flaphandlemover
6th Feb 2010, 10:51
keep me postet too...

Matt101
6th Feb 2010, 14:52
UAQ has been closed for nearly a year now - Horizon (the new owners) have had a great deal of trouble getting the regulatory approval required. At the moment UAQ is a rectangular piece of asphalt which has no purpose sadly - no landing permitted.

CaptainMAK
6th Feb 2010, 15:07
That is very sad! If an organization like Horizon cant get through the G.A. hurdles, I don't think forming an aerobatic club will be an easy task. Does anyone know the reasons behind this closure?

Matt101
6th Feb 2010, 16:26
so far as I was told it was security issues. I'm sure it will be sorted out at some point but it has already meant the end of the drop zone up there sadly.

John Miller
6th Feb 2010, 19:48
Brilliant! that just about shutters any non-commercial light aircraft flying in the UAE. UAQ is owned by the UAQ ruler and some of their family members own aircraft there. Wonder what the politics is behind this. :ugh: A real pity.

Jazirah is a very friendly place though. UAE GCAA need to leave this one alone.

hedfan
7th Feb 2010, 07:07
Thanks for the suggestion ref jezzeira, just saw it now but called in there on the way back from a beach club near the airfield at UAQ on friday.
Looks quite good and will certainly do a fix of sanity until I can do something else. I must be going mad here cant stand another lets go to the b....... Mall !

Heard that UAQ was having security issues, runway now blocked with steel fence sections along centre line, so no one can use it even in an emergency without wrecking the kite ! Also heard that Horizon was pulling out and might no longer set up shop there. A great waste of an airfield due to ............:ugh:

CaptainMAK
7th Feb 2010, 09:06
WOW! Now that is REALLY a great waste of airfield. Sad :( I wonder why we never heard of it before. Isn't security issue supposed to be a big news items?? Oh well, I hope we can get it operational again.

Also guys, I didn't hear from aero regarding aerobatics club. I sent him an email, but I suppose he's very busy with something else. I'd be interested in taking the initiative of calling a meet and discussing further on how to get this started. If anyone of you is interested a get together and discussing possible solutions then please PM me your details with phone number. Thanks.

saifoor
7th Feb 2010, 16:26
Yes, I would be keen in an aerobatic club and know where one can operate from but who would get the aircraft approved from the GCAA?

Dixons Cider
8th Feb 2010, 13:19
the million $$ question!

Buscat
8th Feb 2010, 18:52
Having the right person on board would make a big difference in overcoming these hurdles Why don't you contact the heavies on the 380 fleet? I hear some of them enjoy throwing it around now and then.

stevendeluide
2nd Jan 2012, 21:08
hi guys,

any progress on this matter?
is ga in dubai still such an issue?

i have a cap 231 andhave considered going to dubai a few times, but the thought of not being able to fly...

thx
steven

relax.jet
3rd Jan 2012, 19:25
Please include me in mail list. I might be interested too. Doing aerobatic back home.

Masif Eego
3rd Jan 2012, 20:36
S2C owner here, and would like to bring it into the UAE also

Swift46
16th Aug 2012, 18:28
Just wondering if anything had been done about the club? I'm interested. Own and fly a Christen Eagle. Would love to have something to fly here!

Gulfstreamaviator
17th Aug 2012, 08:33
When UAQ closed, due to, I am told, the new operators desire not to ensure the security of the site. (wtf).

There is a new DZ activle being developed, as an aviation leasure park....flt ops from Al J, the new centre being the DZ, and aviation related leaisure.
The GCAA required full safety cover as if a fully operational airfield.

Not certain status, but vast sums pushed in, and sponsorship by Ruling family, but still stuck.

I suggest a visit to Al J, and chat to them, and IF you can get your aero type on A6 regi then you are home and dry.

More news when known.

glf

Mike Strutter
17th Aug 2012, 09:12
Count me in.

Perhaps we should form a group and meet up to try and action some ideas. Otherwise it will just be debated on this forum ad nauseum.

Have an S2A at home that i would love to bring out.

Mike

a747jb
17th Aug 2012, 15:47
Hi Guys,

Having looked quite extensively into bringing over an S2C, and being a member of Al J up in RAK, I can tell you the prospect is unfortunately not that good. For starters, the GCAA, for the most part, want absolutely nothing to do with dealing with aerobatic flying, or that was the impression I got. Secondly, again with a few exceptions, there is very little flying above 1500 agl in the UAE for light aircraft. Pretty much everything is considered military airspace, or at least highly controlled. Third, there is pretty much only 1 place to get any sort of work done on recip engines in the UAE and that is in Abu Dhabi. They know they are the only game in town too, so expect a hefty bill for mx. Finally, general aviation seems to be considered a bit of a security threat throughout the middle east.

The good news is is that Al J has some really really good things going, and the GCAA are opening up a bit it seems. I highly recommend going up there if for no other reason that to hang out with a pretty enthusiastic group of pilots. If you desire, you can fly everything from small aeroprat micro-lights to powered parachutes, to gyro copters. Its as good as it gets in these parts.

I hope that things will eventually change, but the process is very slow. Until then we can maybe create a group that could occasionally take trips to various places to fly aero there. I know I miss being upside down horribly!!!!

Sorry if I disappoint, and please, if any body knows of more correct information, share it. What I have written above is to the best of my knowledge accurate, but things may have changed and I just don't know about it. Happy flying to all :O

denlopviper
21st Aug 2012, 20:30
count me in the list too. would love to get into competition aerobatics so having a place to start in the country would be great!

but a747jb is right.

and UAQ wasnt closed due to the new owners not willing to provide security...the new owners f'ed it up :mad:

michaelbinary
21st Mar 2013, 06:22
Hi,
I am new to Abu Dhabi and fly a CAP 10C back in the UK, I would love to be able to fly GA in Abu Dhabi and aeros if possible. So any ideas or news please count me in as well.

regards

Michael

maxspeed
16th Mar 2014, 05:54
Hi All,

I was at the Jazirah Aviation club in RAK over the weekend and was speaking briefly to a South African chap about this matter and he seemed to indicate that there might be some movement on this matter. Can anybody elaborate? ;)

S1E
16th Mar 2014, 07:44
Know at least 3 guys that have aerobatic planes back home. What if we get some sort of aerobatic association first and than we can move on??
Any volunteers??

Mike Strutter
18th Mar 2014, 15:12
Count me in

maxspeed
24th Mar 2014, 06:13
As far as I can make out is that first obstacle(s) is finding an airfield, then getting approval to fly above 1500ft and then finding a place get a box close to the field. Anybody out there with a bit of wasta and a few favors owed to them??

jetstreem
21st Jun 2015, 07:50
Hi all. New to this thread, but +1 in favour of getting a club together. I miss actually flying planes. Driving a jet and drinking coffee is getting a little boring.

I heard a rumour about a couple of guys trying to set up a club or school down in Al Ain. Word was it was to be something to do with the various cadet schemes running and teaching 'upset training'. If you could get one of the big airlines to back it or at least give it some support, I think the GCAA would go for it.

I can kind of imagine something like skydive Dubai, with aeros meeting the need of people looking for some kind of extreme sport.

Might be a little warm in an extra in the summer though! Will listen out for any news.