PDA

View Full Version : DGCA Conversion and Fees

aviator_hyd
31st Jan 2010, 06:03
Hey fellow Aviators! I am looking to go to the DGCA office in DELHI for submission of my documents for conversion of my CPL. If someone could explain the process to me like does it take like the whole day to get it done or it takes more than that? Do you have to make a prior appointment? What are the timings for submission if there are any?? What is the Fees for CPL Sngle and Multi engine with Instrument Rating ( on the form it says Rs.5000 for Initial and Rs 5000 for every ther rating or Aircraft) but i have heard different figures from different people. Also it will be of great help if somebody could let me know what to expect and what not to!!!

waiting for your suggestions and help!!

Happy landings!!!!!!

silent_scream
31st Jan 2010, 09:13
The DGCA conversion thread will be a lot of help in case you haven't read it already.
As per DGCA regulation, your License will take at least 15 working days to get processed. But that's just the regulation.

You will have to submit the documents at the reception counter at the gate. It can be submitted anytime between 10AM and 5 PM on working days.

Do take a xerox copy of your covering letter and get a received stamp on it, just in case if DGCA later denies receiving any of your documents.

Fees is probably calculated as follows,
CPL - 5000
SEL - 5000
MEL - 5000
IR - 5000
FTRO - 5000
-------------------
Total - 25000

Reading the Rule 48 of Aircraft Rule 1937 will be helpful.

All the Best. Do Post back with your experience to help the other applicants here on PPrune.

Silent.

aviator_hyd
31st Jan 2010, 11:50
thanks a lot buddy!! well ill keep u guys updated on the experience..

optimus.Prime
31st Jan 2010, 14:30
@silent scream,

Pretty accurate, apart from the fact that nowadays one doesnt have to submit his/her's documents at the Reception.:=
They are verified and checked by a certain Mr.V.P.Singh from the Licensing Dept., who goes through all of the required documents and tells you, if there are any shortfalls!:ok:

silent_scream
3rd Feb 2010, 03:51
Am getting Old and Rusty. Thanks for the update. :)

Silent.

aviator_hyd
5th Feb 2010, 06:23
hey guys. it was pretty simple as you suggested, just need to go to the reception. one of the clerk there trakes all your original documents and the only document he really checks at that time is the demand draft :ok:. asks you to put all the original documents (including passport/logbook/Foreign CPL/RTR license etc.) in an envelope and hand it over to him. he will just stamp received with the date of submission on the duplicate copy of your application letter and thats it, you are done. the whole process takes less than 10 minutes. its pretty good :D.
I dont know what happens next, but the guy said don expect anything before 25-30 days. But there was no Mr. Singh who verified the documents...

Anyone has something more to share??

thanks once again.....

optimus.Prime
5th Feb 2010, 06:35
oooh....He did when I got mine done back in November'09.

Or as usual, may be someone must have tipped them off on a high level -"Surprise" check, and were just putting on an act, the day I happened to be there....Cant really trust the DGCA now can we? After all , Dont Get Carried Away.....

aviator_hyd
7th Feb 2010, 08:47
how much time did they finally take to dispatch your license? were there any glitches?? i hope they would send me all my originals safely!!! hehe. is the online license request querry of any use???

euindkan
7th Feb 2010, 10:04
mine took about 2 months.
make sure you submits all the req docs. In my case they send me a letter after 28 days that my M/E docs are not in proper format. and then another 27 days to issue my license after I produced the proper document.

optimus.Prime
7th Feb 2010, 16:04
I did get my License,issued online in a months time from the date of submission, but the so-called "Speed" Post took another 10 Days to get it home!:ugh:

No damage to the Documents that you do end up receiving back- all 7 of them!:eek:

avitrz
11th Feb 2010, 13:46
hey guys i am planning to submit my ir for renewal...could ne1 gimme a heads up on the documents?

Thank you

silent_scream
11th Feb 2010, 23:47
@ avitrz,

Originals - Logbook, CPL, FRTO, COP RTR.

Xerox copy of Class 1 Medical Assessment.
IR test report issued by the flying school and Demand Draft.
A covering letter listing all of these documents to get the received stamp at DGCA office reception.

Where are you submitting your documents ? Safdarjung or some Regional office ?

Please do write the number of Hours you have done and also DGCA's comments, if any, pertaining towards the same. Will be helpful to all of us.

All the Best.

Silent.

niksmathew24
3rd Mar 2010, 15:10
Take all those documents to the safj. office between 3-5pm(visiting time) and tell the guy at the reception that you want to see VP Singh for checking the documents. Most probably they'll let you in and you have to go see this guy.
He'll tell you if there are any shortfalls. By the by, he is that kinda guy who likes to creates issues. So i recommend you be humble and beg with him if he starts giving you problems. At the end of the day, he's the one who signs it off for everyone.

All the best:ok:

aviator_hyd
22nd Mar 2010, 08:01
its been almost 43 days.... nvr heard abt any shortfalls nor did i get my license issued till now. when i try to call them no one replies.. its so irritating!!! has anyone had a similar kind of experience?? any advices??

optimus.Prime
22nd Mar 2010, 12:00
@ aviator Hyd,

Anything shows up online on their "License-Issue-Status" thingy?

aviator_hyd
23rd Mar 2010, 05:46
well it says no record found for issued license... i tried calling again but got a very rude reply from the person who was on the line.. as expected!!!

fly.low
21st Nov 2010, 14:54
even i submitted my documents like 40 days before
online status says nothing about it.........i went to dgca n d guy in licensing department told me to come wen online status says "underprocess".....

should i wait or wht should i do?......i need suggestions

DJ Flyboy
25th Nov 2010, 21:35
even i submitted my documents like 40 days before
online status says nothing about it.........i went to dgca n d guy in licensing department told me to come wen online status says "underprocess".....

should i wait or wht should i do?......i need suggestions

DONT WAIT!
you need to start going to dgca everyday..even if you have to take carp from 'd guy in licensing department'.
Remember to be polite but dont be a pussy..ask if if your file has reached his desk, if it hasnt ask him if you can find it.
Tell him that there are some jobs coming and you need to apply for the same..the peon can be helpful if you know what i mean :E
Persistance is the key my friend if you want to get it done legitimately.
Dont go back immediately after you get a reply hang around there so that everyone sees that you really need the licence soon.
Make it look as if the guy is doing you a favour and that you will be extremely greatful.
Hope this helps..this is how i got my licence after abt 47 days..so keep at it..if he says come after 5 days dont wait till then..go the very next day.
cheers!

fly.low
21st Dec 2010, 04:48
can i get my cpl by hand???

i got my license issue according to DGCA link.....

can i go to DGCA n get my license by hand?
if yes then is there any procedure to get it by hand?

guitarboy
21st Dec 2010, 20:55
@fly.low - dude u juz havta goto dgca with a letter stating the reason for taking the whole thing by hand and shud be a valid reason. Just get it signed by the
Director of Licencing Mr Sharma sits in the last room in the corridor. Hez a very helpful guy. They shud give it to you.

For all the guys waiting for the licence and nting has shown up since 2 mnths, nt even underprocess.. goto dgca and locate your files.. lotsa guys losing their documents n files.

Mine was stuck for like 20 extra days juz cuz it slipped to another desk and then they cudnt find it for 20 days!.

So u have to keep a check to wheres yr file n all.

DGCA is taking atleast 1.5 mnths to show Under prrocess now cuz of the over load of Conversions / endorsements / afirs etc

spacecraft
17th Feb 2011, 15:14
hello friends....im about to submit my papers to dgca.....is it neccessary all the documents in the enclosure list must be submitted that relate to conversion ..... like the verification from the boards and stuff...and does neone no of a gazzetted officer please let me no....
Thanks for the help...