PDA

View Full Version : Flying @ CORONA, CA

Aerocadet
30th Jan 2010, 09:10
Hi!

Anyone did some flying in local flight schools at Corona Municipal Airport or the nearby areas? How was it I was thinking of doing my training in a local Cessna Pilot Center in Corona.

Thanks! :ok:

v_2gusid
31st Jan 2010, 13:54
I am planning to go there myself but they never seem to reply to any correspondence

Aerocadet
31st Jan 2010, 22:12
PPL to MEI. :ok:

BHenderson
2nd Feb 2010, 17:32
Avoid FlyCorona like the Plague. Seriously. My previous post about FlyCorona was deleted, I assume because of libel, because I listed the recent accidents/incidents that have occured. They don't have proper experienced mechanics.

Let me list some of them again:
My failures:
-Battery, alternator, transponder (all at once)
Others off the top of my head:
-Aircraft flipped in high wings;
-172 pancaked into runway;
-Twin was a few hours away from a crankshaft failure of one of the engines;
-etc.

Spit-Fire
3rd Feb 2010, 10:13
Fly Corona were fantastic last year when I spent 5 weeks flying out of there. I had no issues with them in the slightest. Friendly outfit, aircraft were great and just what I needed. Everyones experiences are always different but mine was very positive.

robertphilpott1
3rd Feb 2010, 16:59
myself and some friends hired 3 C172's last summer and took them over mountains and lakes from one side of america and back again.

All 3 planes survived, the staff are more than helpful and I'd certainly recommend Corona.

TonyWilliams
3rd Feb 2010, 17:55
It is a very, very busy little (uncontrolled) airport. Some of the cheapest gas in southern California, so lots of folks fly in just for that.

There have been a number of mid-airs there over the years, and lots of non-english speaking pilots in the pattern.

It's also in a flood zone, and has been flooded a few times.