PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about a type rating for a Boeing 737

wire12
29th Jan 2010, 19:18
Just a few question please about a type rating for a Boeing 737,

1) how long does it take.

2) is it possible to get the manuals before the commencement of the type rating course.

3) what way does the testing be carried out at the end of the course. Is there a few writen exams or one big exam.

4) What way are you tested in the sim how many hours and how long does the test at the end with the examiner take.

5) does practically every one pass it.

6) Is it difficult.

thanks for help

unimuts
30th Jan 2010, 16:04
No disrespect but these are questions you should be asking the training company, and not here. You really need to do you home work pick up the phone and call them.:ugh:

approx 5 weeks
Yes
Flight test in the sim.Yes written exams with minimum pass mark.
You are tested according to the flight profile of the LPC OPC can last approx 2 hours. Then circuit training 6 take off and landings.
Depends on your school. Call them.
Depends on you.

Uni

:)

justasmallfire
30th Jan 2010, 16:56
haven't done a type rating but have old copy of poh if any use to you pm me with address and will email it to you .

Finals19
30th Jan 2010, 22:36
I am surprised that the TRTO and the (associated airline that have offered you a position at the end of the course) have not answered these questions for you. I would definitely touch base with them again to check the terms and conditions of the deal.......

:confused:

wire12
30th Jan 2010, 23:08
no i'm not finished yet. i'm only half way throught my atpl's but I heard that type ratings are difficult and I don't know much about them.

I also heard of some body failing a type rating after been hired by an airline.

mic310
31st Jan 2010, 09:38
Check your PM's mate:)