PDA

View Full Version : EK and/or QR second officers.

Springbok614
29th Jan 2010, 08:56
Does Emirates and/ or Qatar take in second officer for their long haul routes or do they just make use of second officers?

Any info on this would be much appreciated. Even info on Gulf Air and Etihad what this topic concerns.

Thanks,

White Knight
29th Jan 2010, 09:32
No Second Officers at EK, suspect same at QR - only Captains, First Officers and Cadets.
For in flight rest the crew is either one Capt and two F/Os or two full flight deck crew.

Hope this answers your question:ok:

ab33t
29th Jan 2010, 11:03
Jislaaik man , most of the top airlines in that area of the world do not have SO's

Linerider
29th Jan 2010, 11:03
Your question doesn't make any sense, but what I can tell you is that Qatar has Second Officers flying on long and short haul fleets.

Wizofoz
29th Jan 2010, 14:51
Linerider,

In this context, Springbok is talking about a Cruise Relief Pilot (i.e. only qualified to relieve operating crew during cruise.). Many Airlines (e.g Qantas, Cathay) ultilise them on long haul routes, thus only ever needing one Captain and one F/O.

I take it S/O in Qatar is a rank that still entitles the holder to be Co-Pilot of the aircraft and is allowed to takeoff and land?

Linerider
1st Feb 2010, 12:03
In that context, QR do not have cruise relief pilots.
Cadet pilots in Qatar Airways are given the rank of Second Officers until they complete their line training, and that includes full 'co-pilot' duties.