PDA

View Full Version : Network Aviation Recruiting???

aussie027
28th Jan 2010, 16:10
I see Network Aviation is recruiting for Braz pilots but is looking for endorsed people only.

Does anyone know why they are not endorsing people like they were before they had to lay off 7 drivers early last year???
( Apart from the saving on training costs, which the applicant partially paid for thru a training wage as well as a bond).

Did they hire back all those they laid off who wanted to return??

I don't think I remember any Braz operators closing down in past 2yrs so was wondering how many endorsed and unemployed pilots are sitting around or would want to relocate to Perth??

I would love to be working there but like many who have the required experience don't have an endorsement.

Makes getting work here bloody impossible when the only jobs numerous operators have had in past few months all required people pre-endorsed and experienced on type.

Anyone on this site who works at Network have any answers/info as well as numbers required??
Please PM me if not wanting to post.
Thanks very much.

eocvictim
28th Jan 2010, 16:24
I know a few (mates) have gone back but unaware of the others.

The Green Goblin
28th Jan 2010, 23:12
Not on AFAP or their website?

Is it in the Australian?

maddernc
29th Jan 2010, 00:31
Seek (http://www.seek.com.au/job/brasilia-emb-captains-and-first-officers/perth-inner/16589313/71/1/)
on 13 Jan

Quick version:
CAPTAINS
3000 hours Total Time
1000 hours multi-engine command
Current ATPL and MECIR
Endorsed on Embraer 120
Minimum 300 hours in command on Embraer 120 FIRST OFFICERS
2500 hours Total Time
300 hours multi-engine command
Current ATPL and MECIR
Endorsed on Embraer 120

PA39
29th Jan 2010, 03:32
Steer Clear !

Barramundi
29th Jan 2010, 05:50
Not on AFAP or their website?

Is it in the Australian?

-----------------------

Green Goblin - It was posted on seek.com.

Monopole
29th Jan 2010, 06:02
Advertising with the AFAP, could mean a higher chance of the applicant being an AFAP member. Something they try very hard to avoid.......

Barramundi
29th Jan 2010, 07:13
Advertising with the AFAP, could mean a higher chance of the applicant being an AFAP member. Something they try very hard to avoid.......

---------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps but using the AFAP website also tells all the ambitious F/O's they have just been overlooked for command.

Far better to sneak them in with seek!

aussie027
30th Jan 2010, 04:47
Why would they try hard to avoid AFAP members???
People are just looking for a decently paid job they can enjoy and make a contribution too. I know I am.

tells all the ambitious F/O's they have just been overlooked for command. This was something else I was wondering about, they used to promote from within ??
I would have thought if workload is slowly increasing they would move people up to command and bring new FO's in to replace them. They rehired some previous lay offs which is great, only fair.

I repeat my earlier Q as to why Type endorsed people are suddenly required so quickly, that they dont have time to endorse them internally??? I heard from an employee they have an excellent training programme.

Mr. Hat
30th Jan 2010, 08:14
Why would they avoid AFAP members? Seems a bit strange.

Mach E Avelli
31st Jan 2010, 10:13
Advertising on the AFAP site is free. Advertising in Friday's aviation section of 'The Australian' is not. Says it all.

CatTower
3rd Feb 2010, 04:00
Does the company actually provide Loss of licence insurance then as claimed?

Ref + 10
3rd Feb 2010, 11:34
They did whe I was there. It was a policy that paid 75% of your wage for a 2 year period if you lost your license basically due medical reasons. Failing a renewal 3 times and getting let go didn't qualify. From memory there was a 2 month cooling off period before the policy paid out. I was there for over 5 years and only knew of one person who needed it and he was a rampie who slipped a disk in his back while out skiing. There may have been more in the past few years as I'm not there any longer.

As for the reasons why they are recruiting endorsed people only I'm not sure. Maybe they are trying to get Skippers pilots to move across...

low orbit
3rd Feb 2010, 13:04
Unlikely......

Skippers pilots all off to Virgin....

http://canijah.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/zoidberg-why.gif

Whoop woop woop whoop woop whoop................!

Dog One
3rd Feb 2010, 21:23
I would assume that a type rated pilot would be quicker to get on line. No ground school, type endorsement or ICUS. Would only need a Flight Proficiency Check including 20.11 and route endorsements.

Mr. Hat
5th Feb 2010, 06:14
on the afap website now.

some optimistic minimums there. (virgin and jetstar are emptying out regionals and ga vaustralia and qf to follow). Pilot exodus II shortly at an airfield near you.

SNOOD
9th Feb 2010, 05:46
So is Network a good place to be? Would you want to work there or should it be avoided? What sort of roster do they have?

kimberleyEx
10th Feb 2010, 11:48
Snood.

If you are looking for a multi crew turbo prop gig, Qantaslink or REX are a far better prospect I think.

If your chasing West Coast, Maroomba or Skywest.

Network is :{

Cheers.

K - Ex

Fizzer
10th Feb 2010, 12:58
Snood,
K-ex may have worked at Qantas Link, REX, Maroomba and Skywest to impart these pearls of wisdom. He/She could also have had a stint at Network or Skippers, a well travelled aviator who may well have worked at most aviation companies in Australia by age 60. Or the comments are based on heresay from well meaning comrades.
Network are recruiting at the moment so get the CV in if you meet the requirements and give it a crack. Then decide for yourself which way to go after getting all the answers to the questions you ask at the interview. Those answers will not be found on this forum.

SNOOD
11th Feb 2010, 03:47
Thanks Guys.