PDA

View Full Version : YSSY Korean Aircargo

ules
28th Jan 2010, 12:47
hey guys i was just flicking through some reports.. and found this
i dont ever remember hearing about this on the news (maybe cause it wasnt qantas :} ) but thought i would share.. this is hilarious !!!

Photo of McDonnell Douglas MD-11F HL7372 - Aviation Safety Network (http://aviation-safety.net/photos/displayphoto.php?id=20020109-I-0&vnr=1&kind=I)

tasdevil.f27
28th Jan 2010, 13:06
There is another photo of it looking from the other side which has been floating around for a couple of years at least.:)

tail wheel
28th Jan 2010, 22:07
Eight years ago - hardly news. Those photos have been posted to PPRuNe a number of times over the years.

SK8TRBOI
28th Jan 2010, 22:12
Happens more often than you'd want to know...:rolleyes:

Buster Hyman
28th Jan 2010, 22:32
No working inhold system on the MD11F & the loaders couldn't be bothered pushing the pallet down the back...

RampDog
28th Jan 2010, 23:05
Since there is some interest in the topic, here is some more info on that same aircraft. Unfortunately there were fatalities this time around :(

Accident Avient Flight 324 Md11 Z-BAV - Airfleets (http://www.airfleets.net/crash/crash_report_Avient_Z-BAV.htm)

muddergoose
29th Jan 2010, 02:02
In my youth I recall reading a similar scenario in the paper that happened at Tullamarine, however, from memory it was winter time and it was the strong winds that upended the jet? Does anyone recall the type and was it freight or passenger?

ules
29th Jan 2010, 03:54
no dont remember hearing but would love to know more.. i dont often hear many of these incidents hapening in oz. only qantas delays etc lol

Wizofoz
29th Jan 2010, 04:16
Saw EXACTLEY the same thing at OMDB about 18mths ago. Happens all the time to MD-11s apparently- that and landing accidents in cross-winds!!

Long Bay Mauler
30th Jan 2010, 01:07
I remember from being at work that day,that the Korean Loadmaster ignored the advice from the Qantas Ramp supervisor and when the rampies refused to move the car off because they could see what was about to happen,the loadmaster took over with the resultant tipping of the aircraft.And then the loadie tried to blame the rampies.

I wonder what became of him.:ok:

RampDog
3rd Feb 2010, 04:42
It's believed the Korean loadie was last seen in green fatigues doing permanent night shift patrolling the North/South Korean border!! :=
He is buddied up with the Station Manager who was sent back after a security stuff up on KE812 ex-SYD, way back in June 2004.:{

Peter Fanelli
3rd Feb 2010, 10:01
this is hilarious !!!

Is it?
Really?

:hmm: