PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

MarcJF
27th Jan 2010, 18:17
I've purchased a Windows 7 upgrade pack for 3 PCs. Worked on my desktop fine, tried my laptop and disc would not load. Tried the other disc in the pack which is 64 Bit, and it loads and says not compatible (which I know i was just testing the drive). The drive works with other media. So back to the vendor I went who kindly gave me another pack. Guess what, the 32 Bit disc just spins and is not read, but I get the same result with the 64 Bit. Laptop is running Vista Home Premium so should work fine, even it it wasn't it should give an error message. So i have licence codes, i was wondering if i could download 7 from the Microsoft site, but unless I'm even thicker than usual can't see anything there. Any ideas anyone? :confused:

green granite
27th Jan 2010, 18:57
It sounds as though you have a picky dvd drive, I assume you are trying to boot from the dvd rather than from vista? If not try that and see what happens. (or the otherway round)

The only way to download 7 for free is to use a wareze site such as Katz, since you have the serial numbers it is legal but prone to having virii in it

MarcJF
27th Jan 2010, 19:11
Just tried to boot from DVD - frozen. Can't think why it's being so selective, disc works in other machines and other discs work in this laptop.

green granite
27th Jan 2010, 19:44
If your main m/c can read the disc, copy it to the hard drive in it's own directory, then burn it to a new dvd as an ISO Image.