PDA

View Full Version : Zero time A320 Jobs

parisjet
27th Jan 2010, 12:27
Anyone out there know of any carriers in this region who are willing to take on A320 Typed guys with Zero time on type and 500TT. I'd appreciate any info. You can PM me too.

Thanks

muppet in the sky
27th Jan 2010, 13:19
I think Bahrain Air does it? I stand corrected though

ab33t
27th Jan 2010, 16:05
I think Columbia Air do

Dixons Cider
27th Jan 2010, 20:30
willing to take on A320 Typed guys with Zero time on type and 500TT.
WTF!!! :\
Try "hire anybody that rocks up with a rating no matter how lilttle experience they have, after all its just a tick the box and fill the seat excercise anyway" - airways. You can find them at dodgyairways.com

Mate - get out there and get some real experience first, like you should have done before you went and bought yourself a type rating.

S.F.L.Y
27th Jan 2010, 21:29
Well Dixon, you can't blame him, airlines in first lieu are recruiting on that basis, there lies the pb. What did the "experienced" pilots do to change this situation faced by wanabees?

Almendrudo
28th Jan 2010, 15:31
"Type rated" does not means "experienced". You can buy a type rating....indeed you did it. But there are still a bunch of things money canīt buy.....like good judgement, decision making, etc...and that comes with ...what did you say? Experience! right.

Dixons Cider
Mate - get out there and get some real experience first, like you should have done before you went and bought yourself a type rating.

Parisjet
I didn't create this situation
We know you didnīt but for people like you the situation will continue like this.

Gulfstreamaviator
3rd Feb 2010, 14:38
A 320 TR can cost 10k US$.

In the grand scheme not a lot compared to a G550 at 50k US$.

That is a good investment. Sometimes the approach works.

Donk knock the guy.

glf

mutt
3rd Feb 2010, 16:19
Considering that we will soon be the largest A320 operator in the region, I will give you a truthful answer. . . We wouldn't consider you qualified to fly our smallest corporate jet let alone an A320.

Sorry. .

Mutt

mrmach
3rd Feb 2010, 18:09
Actually nobody is gonna hire you without at least 1.000-2.000 hours on type.:=
Good Luck.

S.F.L.Y
3rd Feb 2010, 20:28
Actually nobody is gonna hire you without at least 1.000-2.000 hours on type.:=

That was a funny one! How do you get 1000-2000 hours on type if nobody hires below?

dkz
3rd Feb 2010, 20:53
simple, get 1000-2000 on a nice turboprop and after that get a company to pay for your rating and fly another 1000-2000 hours on the A320 :ok:

aerorrancio
3rd Feb 2010, 23:31
But now is impossible even to find a job in small turbopro.

S.F.L.Y
4th Feb 2010, 07:55
simple, get 1000-2000 on a nice turboprop and after that get a company to pay for your rating and fly another 1000-2000 hours on the A320 http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

The point wasn't on having 1000-2000 TT but 1000-2000 on type. mrmach was saying that nobody would hire a pilot without this amount on type :bored:

Dixons Cider
4th Feb 2010, 16:05
please don't play God with your opinion.

ahhh.. If only ;)

Sorry to be brutal mate, just the cold hard facts of reality.

thepotato232
4th Feb 2010, 17:12
parisjet, while Cider may not have chosen the most delicate way of putting it, he's largely correct. In recent years, you likely watched some other students with a fresh CPL/ME and a self-sponsored TR walk directly into the right seat of their rated aircraft. As you have no doubt noticed by now, the hiring landscape has changed drastically since, say, late 2008. To put it simply, the job you are looking for simply does not exist right now. The low-time hiring rush was a temporary anomaly, caused by airlines' perceived opportunity for rapid expansion, and their desire to fill the right seats of cockpits as quickly and cheaply as possible. If somebody offered you a job recently following the completion of a self-sponsored TR, you were likely sold a bill of goods.

This all leaves you in the same boat as most other pilots with your level of experience - the best thing you can do for yourself right now, both for the development of your skills and your CV, is to take a flying job in something a touch less prestigious than an Airbus, and prepare yourself for your next bite at the apple. Best of luck to you.

latetonite
5th Feb 2010, 07:01
And the next question this guy has is:" How long it takes to command ?"...

Will Rogers
5th Feb 2010, 08:50
And the question I have is: why is it that on this forum almost regardless of what question you ask you get attacked, put down and made out to be an idiot? :confused: :*

I browse and ask questions on other forums for some of my interests outside flying and I, and others, get helpful and informative answers without the added "bonus" of personal insult... Yes some of the answers on this forum are humorous but far from all (are even intended to be)...

I realize there is a lot of frustration in our ranks but why take it out on fellow aviators? Lets face it, we've all had 500 hrs and at least most of us have struggled for a job at some point. Direct your anger and frustration where it is deserved instead. If all you have to say to a guys question is what a muppet someone is for doing something then maybe elect not to post at all (granted there are a few - very few - times when it is warranted).

Just a thought...

Now I'm gonna get behind cover and get ready for the nice comments I will be getting thanks to this post :\

Cheers,

Will :ok:

CaptainMAK
5th Feb 2010, 10:09
Will Rogers - You spoke my mind. I completely agree with you. Things have changed, Aviation is dead and new pilots are trying every measure on getting a decent job to either pay back the loans they took for CPL or just survive on this planet. There are really close to no jobs in the market at the moment for low timers. Sad times for Aviation :(

T O G A Boy
5th Feb 2010, 10:13
Will, what u said was absolutely spot on. I dont see the reason why some ppl here just have to block or lower the morale of a fellow aviator. Acting as if they have been born with 1000s of hours and right seat as a birth right. Albeit some were very lucky getting scholarship but others werent, so going around the hard way was their only option.
I wish Parisjet all the best with his job hunting. Lets not forget that one day we were in his shoes. Now we have to support him at least morally. Although he has zero time on 320, you'd never know, maybe one day an airline just wants that criteria so that training him/her as per their own SOPs would be much easier.
Good luck:ok:

dkz
5th Feb 2010, 10:36
The reason for the acid answers is very simple ... if you have 500 TT and you don't have a job, why the Airbus rating ?!?

Most of the pilots in PPRuNe explain to newbies about the danger of paying for a useless rating. If the guy actually looked around he would not ask this question.

Normal way - look for a job, go to the interview -> if a rating is needed - pay for one

Funny way - Get a rating (the bigger the better, i'm expecting soon guys with A380 and 500 TT), ask on a forum what to do.

Maybe acid/bitter but true (in my opinion).

CaptainMAK
6th Feb 2010, 15:11
There are literally no jobs for low timers in the middle-east, so where would one look for a job who doesn't have an EU work permit? Last I checked there are 1000s in queue for bush flying as well! Any suggestions are welcome. Let's not discourage a fellow aviator who's probably spent thousands of dollars and got no where in Aviation with his training!