PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft attractions and hire in Northern Tassie

Cloud Basher
27th Jan 2010, 04:57
All,
I am in Tassie for a couple of weeks and looking to hire an aircraft, do a little bit of touring and also wanting to visit any museums or have a look at any interesting aircraft they may have around this neck of the woods.

I have visited Tassie Aero Club at Launny and they have a couple of 172's and a 182 for hire that would do nicely but if anyone has any further info on hire or more importantly any little airstrips/aircraft/clubs/enthusiasts around the traps that welcome visitors then it would be very much appreciated.

Cheers
CB

ckaine
27th Jan 2010, 07:28
Hi,
I'd suggest making a trip up to George Town to visit Eugene Reid (RAA President). Very interesting area from the air.
Eugene also has a great C185 which would be worth having a look at.
Cheers,
Chris

Baldnfat
27th Jan 2010, 21:05
I saw Eugene down at Sandfly in the 185 last night and I think he is down south untill the weekend.
Tasair still have a 172 for hire in Devonport. I don't know what is available at Wynyard nowadays but try Dale Triffet at Seair
Have a fly into the flying teapot a Bridport for a cuppa and enjoy flying around the beaches on the east coast. They are world renowned for a reason.

Have fun and safe flying :ok: