PDA

View Full Version : Gatwick security times

747 jock
25th Jan 2010, 12:35
I'm flying out of LGW in a couple of days (approx mid day flight, South terminal), and was wondering if someone could let me know what sort of delays I could expect getting through security.
It's normally quite fast this time of year, but with the raised security level now in place in the UK, I was wondering if this has made any significant change.

joniveson
25th Jan 2010, 13:32
I've flown from Gatwick twice in the last month - once from the north terminal and once from the south - and been very pleasantly surprised by the speed, efficiency and courtesy of the security staff. I flew from the south terminal early on a Monday morning and was through in a matter of minutes and then late Sunday afternoon from the north terminal and again was through in a matter of minutes.

TangoIndiaMike
25th Jan 2010, 17:55
Should be fine.

Two-Tone-Blue
25th Jan 2010, 18:26
Faster than "Fast Track" in T5 at LHR, on recent experience.

Last time [in North] was only about 5-10 minutes [depends on when you hit it, I'm sure].

spiney
25th Jan 2010, 21:01
LGW - Smooth, professional, polite and efficient... 10-15 mins normally.... can't believe more than 20-25mins tops. They have a difficult thing to do and as passengers we have to listen to what they have to check and prepare our bags and personal stuff appropriately... The speed of the queue has very little to do with the system and everything to to do with the pax - travel smart. :ok:

747 jock
26th Jan 2010, 07:53
Thanks for all the replies.

I've never had a problem at LGW in the past, but I was just worried that they may have gone into "panic mode" now that the UK is on a hightened security level.