PDA

View Full Version : Bristol GS Opinion and specifics...

Becourbin
25th Jan 2010, 10:36
Hello All!

I will convert my FAA ATPL into JAA and meet the experience requirements so I don't have to be enrolled in a training course.

My question to you all is this: Should I go with the most basic package, the DVD course from Bristol and then pass my tests or study the modular course they offer? What is the best way to go with them given I have a little bit of flying experience (but none in Europe).

Can anybody bring in some useful advice? The fact the process will be done alone is a bit intimidating.
I was flying in the US a regional jet (emb 145), and got home sick, so back to Europe! (I actually got a 5 year leave of absence, so I can get my job back anytime I need )

In the meantime, I greatly appreciate any of your experienced feedback!!

paco
25th Jan 2010, 19:48
Your problem is not the knowledge, but the questions! Self-studying alone is not enough - sadly you need a good briefing on exam technique as they are not as straightforward as the ones you are used to with the FAA.

You would be very unwise not to have at least some time in the classroom with Bristol - they will ensure that you get the questions sorted.

Good luck

phil