PDA

View Full Version : F-111 at the Singapore Air Show 2010

Taildragger67
25th Jan 2010, 04:54
Greetings people,

I'm in Singapore and I've read that the Pig will be coming up to the airshow here for a farewell show in a couple of weeks.

I'm interested in going along to pay my respects :{. Is anyone able to provide days & times when the sky will be lit up here?

Thanks
TD67

Mick.B
25th Jan 2010, 06:29
They will fly up mid next week. Been watching it them last week at Amberley doing their practice.

F-111s in aerobatic display | Ipswich News | Local News in Ipswich | Ipswich Queensland Times (http://www.qt.com.au/story/2010/01/18/f-111s-take-to-skies-for-aerobatic-display/)

drop bear ten
25th Jan 2010, 07:54
Has Budgie got the gig?

Ex FSO GRIFFO
25th Jan 2010, 08:19
Can any sources indicate if they will be going to perform at Wanaka this Easter??

I'll be there regardless....but would be a 'fitting finale'....:ok::ok:

goin'flyin
5th Feb 2010, 12:03
The PIG did a very short flying display yesterday, 1 fly past, then didn't appear again. Wasn't flying today either.

Rumour around the traps this afternoon is it is now BBQ pork. Had an engine fire and put it back on the ground pretty quick smart.

Poor Piggy.

FoxtrotAlpha18
6th Feb 2010, 02:26
Yep, was Budgie. And the jet is not a happy piggy at the moment... :(

FoxtrotAlpha18
8th Feb 2010, 04:07
Now in the public domain...

A spurious fire warning light in the right engine caused the abondonment of the Friday show two minutes in, and the cancellation of the weekend shows.

Taildragger67
8th Feb 2010, 04:15
goin'flyin and FA18,

Thanks - based on your posts I decided against heading out and spent the time constructively elsewhere rather than wasting it out at Changi waiting in vain for pigs to fly.

Cheers guys. :ok:

Mick.B
8th Feb 2010, 05:53
Didn't they take a spare ?

Taildragger67
8th Feb 2010, 06:57
Mick,

Take a spare what? Engine or entire aircraft? I suspect the answer in both cases is 'no'.

One school of thought is that the RAAF may as well just leave it here & pull it apart as fly it back to AMB only to take the axe to it there...

training wheels
8th Feb 2010, 07:09
This one was on static display. I only saw the final few minutes of the F111 aerial display when I stepped outside to the static display area. So most likely were two F111's there. (This was taken on Thursday)

http://i47.tinypic.com/sx1xde.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/2nale9h.jpg

PPRuNeUser0163
8th Feb 2010, 07:12
Gday guys,

the incident actually happened on Thursday the 4th Feb not Friday.. Basically the F111 started to do the dump and burn however from when it started something appeared to be out of the ordinary- compared to the other 2 days i had seen it perform at the Singapore airshow and a few mins later it landed.

Interestingly I spoke to the crew of the F111 after who were obviously pretty devo as the above posters allude to- it was an absolute pleasure to see her fly on the first 2 days of the airshow.. if anyone wants to see some pics of the dump and burn just send me a pm.

Cheers,

Nkand

Taildragger67
8th Feb 2010, 07:31
Damn thing looks like it's doing Mach 2 even with everything open and pins/tags in situ...

Mick.B
12th Feb 2010, 04:27
All pigs are grounded.

Stationair8
17th Feb 2010, 03:38
So we ground the aircraft and then the fleet after a false fire warning?

Taildragger67
17th Feb 2010, 04:54
So we ground the aircraft and then the fleet after a false fire warning?

If I was driving one, I'd like to be confident the warning systems were working (or at least had no known faults) so that if a fire did start, I'd be informed.

A spurious fire warning light

Reports (http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/f111s-grounded-after-engine-fire-20100211-nulp.html) may indicate that there might have been some form of ignition.

Still trying to reconcile the report stating that there was fire damage found on the left, with FA18's statement that it was the right.

Stikybeke
17th Feb 2010, 21:14
Singapore....ah yes...a great spot to U/S an aircraft.....it's good see some things haven't changed that much!!!!

Stiky
:D