PDA

View Full Version : Any "official" document from FTO once ATPL theory completed?

Trolle
24th Jan 2010, 13:13
I finally finished my ATPL exams. Is there an "official" document from my school that I get, or do I just use the CAA documentation with all my results?

When I approach a school to do my flying is this the documentation that I show?

I am converting from FAA and have not done any flying in Europe before.

mad_jock
24th Jan 2010, 13:30
Some schools used to give out a certificate say you had completed an approved course. But I have never seen one since and mine went in a bucket 2 mins afer being given it. You will get your exam pass/fail certs through the post.

I haven't had to show mine to anyone ever. When you book your flight tests the CAA computer knows all about you so if you don't have them you won't get a test date.

Just phone up the school you are going to and ask them what they want to see.

darn
24th Jan 2010, 14:22
As above, I never got any certificate for mine, nor did anyone I know.

I've never been asked to show it either, but hang on to your results letter from the CAA just in case!

oceanicclarence
24th Jan 2010, 14:24
What you get, is a crappy bit of paper from the CAA with your last test results on it. That's it. The school wont send you anything unless you ask for something, and then I guarantee it wont come on a red cushion, or be delivered with a fanfare, or a drum roll. No body takes any notice, and no body cares. I have all 14 done, a CPL, and about to start the FI rating, and no one has asked to see those results yet. All that matters is that the CAA have them on their system. It is another hoop to jump through, another coarse filter. Personally, I like certificates, I like to hang em on my wall, and reflect on how I got them, and what they mean to me. So I think the CAA should send you just one decent bit of paper showing 14 passes, and maybe a bit of gold embossing round the edge. For ****s and giggles.

Happy landings.

Whirlygig
25th Jan 2010, 16:04
The school wont send you anythingThat does depend on the school. I received a certificate from AFT when I completed my exams and I needed to show that or my CAA results slips to my flight school when I started the CPL course.

Cheers

Whirls

Dufo
25th Jan 2010, 18:12
In my licence there is a remark which says 'JAR-FCL ATPL theory credit'.
I also got one A4 sized paper from CAA which certifies successful pass of all exams (no gold edges or etching on this one :().

BillieBob
25th Jan 2010, 20:29
No body takes any notice, and no body cares. Until you start your first multi-pilot type rating course when the TRTO will require evidence that you have passed the ATPL exams before they will accept you for training.

mad_jock
26th Jan 2010, 15:40
Nope not on mine they didn't.

CPL blue book, MCC cert and medical was the only documentaion that was checked.

Mind you its been a few years now, regs could have changed....

cpt bligh
27th Jan 2010, 18:02
Hang onto your pass mark sheet anyway and take it in your folder when you attend your courses. Can't hurt to hold onto it.