PDA

View Full Version : Need HELP with ATPL(A) skill test from Airline pilots, TRI or TRE

bugipilot
23rd Jan 2010, 13:19
Hi,
I have been trying to find out in details how a co-pilots in airlines in Europe are doing ATPL(A) skill test. I am flying as a co-pilot on B737 300-500 and have CPL(A), IR(A), type with all the requirements for ATPL (and the written exams) but the airlines have never did a training and a skill test for co-pilot who are not trained for Captains. The CAA Inspectors in my country says that have to be done from left seat and noting else about combining it with company PC (so I can save money). In my country the CAA inspectors are not knowledgeable about that and half of them even say that ATPL is only for captains?!?!?!
I know that some pilot are doing ATPL skill test which is counted for PC. I read all JAR FCL but looks like dead end….
I need to know if anyone has done it (step by step) or knows for sure how some airlines are doing it. The following questions are the ones which no one knows the answers (in my country):
1.At which seat I should take the skill test for ATPL for B737?
2.Can I train according Appendix 2 to 1.240 & 1.295 from right seat on my company sim training, then for the skill test to sit at the left( 2 hours at left and 2 hours at the right seat) pass the skill test and that to count for ATPL skill test and proficiency check even I have been sitting at left seat?
3.Can I interchange the seat during company Simulator training, pass the ATPL skill test at left seat. And according which document even I have been seating at left can be count for co-pilot PC?
4.If I go to a TRTO school for ATPL skill test from which seat I have to be trained at to take the skill test?

I‘m asking because the airline for which I fly says that if they don’t know how legally to combine PC with ATPL skill test I should pay for simulator separately. The CAA Inspector are quiet because have no idea how should be done. Any experience in Europe will be helpful.

Thank you in advance.

mad_jock
23rd Jan 2010, 13:46
it depends which country you are in.

In the UK its done in the RHS on a normal LPC with no special training.

bugipilot
23rd Jan 2010, 14:46
thank you:ok:, can you specify any particular airlines?
some one else in different country? That could help me to convince an Inspector.:ugh:

Wing_Bound_Vortex
23rd Jan 2010, 16:33
Mine was RHS, normal LPC, couple of extra items think it was flying a SID and a raw data ILS, took all of 5 mins extra time over and aboue the normal sim detail. Uk Loco of the orange persuasion

WBV

bugipilot
25th Jan 2010, 12:53
Thank you for the info. If some one else from different country than UK is reading this please response. I really need to know how it is done in different countries from Europe.

lpokijuhyt
25th Jan 2010, 13:04
You are overlooking the fact that each individual CAA can interpret the JAA laws as they see fit. There is no JAA ATPL. There is a license that is issued by a particular CAA that "conforms" to JAA standards. This is a big time contradiction. The purpose of the JAA was standardzation, but in reality it is simply an evolution in bueacracy and confusion. You have to do whatever the CAA in your country tells you to do in order to satisfy the requirments. Fight it all you want...but in the end your license is coming from your local CAA office, not JAA headquaters in Holland or EASA in Cologne (another useless evolution in paper-pushing).

lancaster52
3rd Jul 2010, 11:25
If necessary chnage your licence to UK issue as per EU entitlement. LPC in LHS with addition of raw data approach. No ifs, no nuts, just do it.!