PDA

View Full Version : Was it on JPA?

higthepig
22nd Jan 2010, 16:12
I can't manage to get a legitimate claim sorted, wonder if they might be able to help me do it?

Royal Navy ratings fiddled £200,000 in expenses from MoD - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/7053969/Royal-Navy-ratings-fiddled-200000-in-expenses-from-MoD.html)

Standby!
22nd Jan 2010, 16:45
Surely that's not the behaviour of a squabbling bleeder?

endplay
22nd Jan 2010, 17:41
This was so predictable. Put opportunity in front of Serviceman/MP and the outcome is inevitable. The only difference will be in the punishment.

Of course, one group is held to a higher standard.

Wander00
22nd Jan 2010, 17:47
What ranks were these people? Was there no supervision? No "annual inspections"? Amazing!

Pontius Navigator
22nd Jan 2010, 18:37
What ranks were these people? Was there no supervision? No "annual inspections"? Amazing!

At the age of 25, now?, and offences in 2007-2008, they were probably as junior as it gets.

Not that bright either, certainly for the one who bought a BMW and paid a deposit on a house. Look at the number of offences; it means claims IIRO £2500-£4000 a time.

Other than BSA I don't hink I have ever had a single claim over £500 so just what did their fictional characters get up to?

SRENNAPS
22nd Jan 2010, 21:03
He was jailed for two years and eight months. John, who pleaded guilty to eight counts of dishonesty, was jailed for sixteen months.

Bl@@dy hell, you get less for murder these days in this country.

Yes they ripped the “system” off, but they don’t deserve that. It does take a bit of thought and initiative to think of a scam like this. They should be promoted.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I know of an Admin Officer at a base in Germany that bought cars using other people’s names, and then sold them at a profit to UK. When he was caught he was busted down, but to my knowledge spent no time inside!!! On the contrary, everybody in the mess thought he was a “Good Old Boy”

adminblunty
22nd Jan 2010, 23:40
Srennaps,
Said Admin Officers wife is still in, she was heavily implicated as well, but a crap investigation by the RAFP let her off the hook. However they'd purchased some property in NZ with the intention to move there, until that is someone in his mess dobbed him in to the NZ authorities. Said officers are now persona non grata in NZ. Oh and I believe HMRC took a sizeable bite out their finances and he missed out on his pension. All in all in I think he lost out financially.

Hello Bev G.

Faithless
23rd Jan 2010, 09:22
Fred Howell, defending, said Hackshaw was ''full of remorse'' and had ''brought shame upon himself'' and John ''took full responsibility for his actions''.

I bet he was....:=

Hackshaw does not have a British passport and could be deported following an immigration hearing in April.

MMMmmmm Maybe not as he will say it's against his human rights and the Government will crumble and let him stay:=

I say....KILL HIM (said in deep voice)

Wrathmonk
23rd Jan 2010, 09:34
Blatantly stolen from t'other site (and not quite thread drift but may put their sentance into context). Makes for interesting reading - click here (http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/25245/response/66264/attach/html/3/FOI%2004%2001%202010%20153702%20002%20Ashby.doc.html) - but I do wonder why he didn't ask about RAF CM (could it be that the light blue are all goody-two-shoes and have never had an officer CM (ho, ho!):p?

SRENNAPS
23rd Jan 2010, 09:35
Hackshaw does not have a British passport and could be deported following an immigration hearing in April.

Honest question, but can you join the Royal Navy (or Army & RAF) without a British Passport:confused::confused:

In all my time on Sqns, I certainly did not meet anybody who did not have a British one!

vecvechookattack
23rd Jan 2010, 09:58
No you don't need a British Passport to join.

To be eligible a candidate must be a British citizen, or a citizen of a Commonwealth country, or a citizen of the Irish Republic.

SRENNAPS
23rd Jan 2010, 10:07
vecvechookattack

Many thanks for that, I never knew; you learn something new everyday.:8

NTL
23rd Jan 2010, 15:19
SRENNAPS

A little more education for you.

Commonwealth cousins prop up the British Army - Times Online (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article6168981.ece)

Wrathmonk
23rd Jan 2010, 15:33
a citizen of a Commonwealth country

Without which not only would the manning situation be much worse but also the Army rugby team might be easier to beat!;)

Army Win 2009 Inter-Services Rugby

The Army won the Babcock Trophy and their eighth consecutive Inter-Services title in front of a crowd of more than 55,000 people at a sun-drenched Twickenham, running in eight tries .. (Source (http://www.bfbs-radio.com/pages/extranet/army-win-2009-inter-services-rugby-i-1351.php))