PDA

View Full Version : FAA License Not Approved In Iraq

IRAQIFAlCOn
21st Jan 2010, 23:08
Hey Guys, do you guys know that in Iraq if you hold an FAA license you are not able to fly any Iraqi Registered airplane?
, that's because Iraqi civil aviation authority don't accept to convert any FAA license .
is that legal ,if the operator have accepted the pilot already in the company?

Willie Everlearn
22nd Jan 2010, 01:42
The Iraqi CAA may not have the ability or capacity to do so, YET. How would you re-cert with no FAA check airmen in the country?
Reciprocal means "two ways". That means the FAA has to accept the Iraq licence if the Iraqis are to accept the FAA's licence. No?
Is that the case at present? I don't know. But from your post, I'd have to conclude there is no reciprocal agreement.
check it out.

Willie :confused:

bear11
22nd Jan 2010, 09:43
I presume Iraq is ICAO, and they have the right to decide whether to accept other licence types or not. Willie is right, however there were many pilots in India working on FAA licences which was awkward due to the lack of check airmen; pilots had to go home to get check rides on their own licences to keep their FATAs up to date - it's a bit better now with local medics who are FAA approved, for example.

Whereas most ICAO countries will accept JAR or ICAO for validations, it sounds to me like you're asking other people to comment on Iraqi politics, rather than asking a legal question.

Payscale
22nd Jan 2010, 10:20
They dont accept a Us Air Force license either, but that doesnt stop the Air Force..:8

IRAQIFAlCOn
25th Jan 2010, 12:01
:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:
Willie Everlearn (http://www.pprune.org/members/17528-willie-everlearn)
I guess the FAA they have no idea about the ICAA decisions, they don't certify any FAA training.............I think as Iraq and the Untied States are members in the ICAO they should build up protocols to certify each other licenses,

I've been trying to convert my FAA license to Iraqi license since one year ago....

And everytime I ask them about the reason behind that, They say that the FAA is blow our training level ..guys I don’t know what to say you guys don’t imagine how *ucked up situation I am going through ...

With my respect to JAA JAA its no the ultimate authority they should consider the FAA Training as its a good training ......

any adivse to change or over come this problem with out converting my license to JAA????????????????????

paperdragon
25th Jan 2010, 18:18
Hi,

I have a couple of mates on FAA-certificates, flying Iraqi reg aircraft, guess you should try to ask the ICAA for a validation instead of conversion...:ok:

SIUYA
25th Jan 2010, 22:54
The title of this thread is entirely misleading, because Iraq can't approve FAA licences. Period! :rolleyes:

Bear 11........You presume correctly. Iraq is a Contracting State to the Chicago Convention (ICAO).

Therefore, to fly an Iraqi-registered aircraft you need to hold an Iraqi flight crew licence, OR you need to have a flight crew licence that's been properly issued by another Contracting State in accordance with the standards of ICAO Annex I (Personnel Licensing) VALIDATED by the authority designated by Iraq as responsible for licensing of personnel in Iraq. The supplement to Annex I lists Iraq as a Contracting State from which no information has been received regarding differences, so Iraq may have decided it won't validate licences issued by other Contracting States to entitle the holders to fly an Iraqi-registered aircraft.

Willie........reciprocity has absolutely nothing to do with validations. In other words, if State A decides to validate a licence from State B, there's no obligation for State B to validate a licence issued by State A.

IRAQIFAICOn........I think as Iraq and the Untied [sic] States are members in the ICAO they should build up protocols to certify each other licenses You have to be kidding! :eek:

There's no STANDARD in Annex I to allow this to occur :ugh:

The level of knowledge that an applicant SHALL (= a STANDARD) demonstrate for the issue of a licence is clearly outlined in Chapter 2 of ICAO Annex I, and if the Iraqi licensing authority feels that the FAA knowledge requirements aren't sufficient for them to issue an Iraqi licence, then that's that.

Try walking into the EU system and asking for an EU ATPL on the basis of an ATPL issued by a non-EU State. Doesn't happen. :ok:

paperdragon's got it right! :)

IRAQIFAlCOn
26th Jan 2010, 12:24
:ugh::ugh:They Don't Validate the FAA license either, and they don't have facilities exam the pilots skills or knowledge, if you don't have a JAA license you won't be able to fly any Iraqi Reg. airplane.

and my friend SIUYA (http://www.pprune.org/members/5695-siuya) you have the right to think that I'm kidding . that becasue the whole story it seems to be a joke.
you can get the Iraq CAA license if you have a JAA license with 250 prop time thats after you set for the air law exam. and you can't get the Iraq CAA license if you have 150,000 jet time.

my Man it has to be a joke you are right. I don't know about regulation but it seems to be like there is a man behind that (money) ..:8

IRAQIFAlCOn
26th Jan 2010, 12:34
:ugh::ugh:They Don't Validate the FAA license either, and they don't have facilities to exam the pilots skills or knowledge, the only way to get the Iraqi License is to get a JAA license.

And my friend you have the right to think that I am kidding its seems like it’s a joke.

You can get the Iraq CAA license if you have a JAA with 250 prop hours or could be less than that. And you CAN’T get the Iraq CAA if you have a FAA with 15,000 Jet hours,,,,, well it has to be a joke.......

SIUYA
27th Jan 2010, 01:10
IRAQIFAICOn......

Sounds to me like you're a bit confused between licence issue and licence validation, because if your non-Iraqi licence is validated by the ICAA, then you don't NEED an ICAA-issued FCL. :}

However, you would need to already have the relevant type ratings on your existing FCL to fly an Iraqi-registered aircraft before the ICAA would validate your licence to fly an Iraqi-registered aircraft of the same type.

S.24 of ICAA Reg 20. includes information that all flight crew hold an APPLICABLE and VALID licence acceptable to the ICAA, and S.37 includes information that a person shall not act as a flight crew member in commercial operations unless he meets the requirements of Reg. 8 (Personnel Licensing).

ICAA Form CA-I-211 is the "Application for Validation of Flight Crew License" form, as listed on the ICAA website.

Refer to paperdragons post#6:

I have a couple of mates on FAA-certificates, flying Iraqi reg aircraft, guess you should try to ask the ICAA for a validation instead of conversion...

I think you might be a little 'confused' about the whole licensing business quite frankly and that you need to get a copy of ICAA Reg. 8. :ok:

PS. STOP SHOUTING!

IRAQIFAlCOn
29th Jan 2010, 07:19
You still think that I am the one who is mistaking with the subject I am not confused about the regulation I am confused about the ICAA, they used to validate the license if the pilot has the same type and if he/she current you are right.
Now they stopped validating any license and there is no other way to fly Iraqi Req. airplane unless if you have a JAA license then they will let you do the Air law exam other than that there is no way to go over the situation . It seems that They are working out of the regulation.
thank you