PDA

View Full Version : Saudi airlines F/O roster and pay

acepilotmurdock
21st Jan 2010, 17:12
Hi all I would be interested if anyone could pass on some details with regards to roster,pay morale within Saudi Airlines etc. thanks in advance
Ace
:ok:

metro301
21st Jan 2010, 18:24
Which fleet of planes? What division of Saudia?

acepilotmurdock
21st Jan 2010, 19:27
Any mate just general info
Ace
:ok:

mutt
21st Jan 2010, 20:17
They have stopped recruiting Foreign FOs for the airline.

Mutt

acepilotmurdock
21st Jan 2010, 20:50
why is that Mutt?

Semaphore Sam
22nd Jan 2010, 02:09
How about sim instructors (emb-170, 400, Classic)? Probably taken from the line pilots, I'm sure.

mutt
22nd Jan 2010, 04:42
They were recruiting for the 747, but the phase out plan for that aircraft was advanced so they cancelled recruitment. All other airline aircraft are crewed by Saudis FOs.

Sam, line pilots are used at the moment but they are being replaced with sim instructors on contract to PSAA.

Mutt

BritishGuy
22nd Jan 2010, 10:20
Are they still recruiting FO's on the biz jet side of Saudia?

mutt
22nd Jan 2010, 14:25
Yep :)

Mutt

Semaphore Sam
23rd Jan 2010, 00:43
Mutt:
Sam, line pilots are used at the moment but they are being replaced with sim instructors on contract to PSAA.

Wow...I think I might throw in a bid for a sim job. Living in SCity, and biking to work at the training centre on compound? No more commuting to down-town training centre? Thanks, Mutt! Sam

BritishGuy
26th Jan 2010, 04:16
Has anyone seen the contract for the Hawker 400XP (SFS) side of the Saudia house? Not too impressed by the package I see. I don't know, am I expecting too much in this day and age or is $4400 USD per month (plus $160 for monthly transportation), Housing/Utilities all paid for for a Hawker FO a tad bit on the low side?

Can someone please just speak up and tell me off if I'm sounding as if this is LOW!

Does anyone on here work for the SFS side of Saudia? If so I would really like to hear from you. Got a promising email from them - just not sure what to make of it.

mutt
26th Jan 2010, 05:30
The Hawker is a 16700 lbs aircraft operating under FAR 135, how much would you expect to get paid to fly it as a FO?

Mutt.

jetopa
26th Jan 2010, 19:26
Thanks for setting this straight, Mutt!:ok:

Right now the demand is high for business jet pilots, but it appears to be difficult to find just the right people. I personally do not find the whole package to be so terribly unattractive - but this is for everyone to decide for himself.

parkch
26th Jan 2010, 19:40
What's the schedule and QOL like for the bizjet side at Saudi?
Can you get a stretch of days off to leave the country for a bit?
Thanks!

jetfly
26th Jan 2010, 20:44
What is the package for an F/O on the Hawker 400xp. I'm having problems with their website. And how is the situation for ex-pats down there?

Many thanks for any info

Reg
/jetfly

BritishGuy
27th Jan 2010, 02:37
Not to knock the job at all, I'm applying for it and I wouldn't if I didn't think it'd be a good gig, but I will reiterate, I don't think that $4400 per month is in line with wages for a bizjet in the Mid East.

Without going into too much, but I think NAS/NJME on comparable aircraft is a fair bit more.

I think the biggest pro in this package is that with the housing and utilities all being paid for, I guess the $4400 is all saving/disposable income really. Now trying to save that back home would be a challenge. So in that aspect it's fine, though I still do feel that it's a little on the lower end.

Also, while I'm talking about comparisons, would anyone happen to have the NBAA figures for this aircraft please. The facts: Pt 135, Hawker 400XP, both FO and CPTN figures please.

Thanks.

mutt
27th Jan 2010, 08:46
Pt 135, Hawker 400XP, both FO and CPTN figures please.
Monthly average results for 2007 in the USA.

Capt $3561 plus $48 per hour
FO $2063 plus $31 per hour

but I think NAS/NJME on comparable aircraft is a fair bit more If you read the small print you will discover that this isn't true :):)

but it appears to be difficult to find just the right people Whats so special about "corporate pilots"?

Mutt

lpokijuhyt
27th Jan 2010, 08:48
That is a great salary! I love this career (I mean job) more and more!

alldaysushi
2nd Feb 2010, 16:53
Hello All,

Just checking in with all current prospects, has anyone actually made the trek to Jeddah for the CFS side with Saudia.

Still standing by here...

Cheers...Sushi

mutt
3rd Feb 2010, 04:41
made the trek to Jeddah for the CFS side with Saudia

The answer is NO.....

Mutt

jetopa
4th Feb 2010, 10:14
Just what is the 'CFS side'?

BritishGuy
5th Feb 2010, 18:55
Any idea how long it takes to get a 'Visa' after you've been sent an email that they'd like to invite you to an 'open day/senimar/interview session'? Been requested a copy of my passport which I sent in about 2 weeks ago. Haven't heard anything back yet. Anyone been through the process?

alldaysushi
6th Feb 2010, 20:33
British Guy,

There is no rhyme/reason, to the passport requset, or anything else.
Previously, on the SAudia thread, this is a constant theme. I was asked to go to Jeddah for the 747 slot, and offered Falconjet instead.

The recruit team in Cairo were all very nice, including Mr. Karim, who is one of the busiest gents on the planet. As far as updates for the hiring process basically zero com.

Best advice, don't count days, don't expect reimbursement, they will eventually contact you...or not.

Good luck...Sushi

lpokijuhyt
7th Feb 2010, 14:54
All other airline aircraft are crewed by Saudis FOs

Hmmmm. I wonder if the US will increase its missle defense budget in reaction to this news?

metro301
8th Feb 2010, 13:11
Oh give me a break...

Every FO I fly with is a Saudi, the overwhelming majority are good people and decent pilots.