PDA

View Full Version : Atlas Global

chuckunu
20th Jan 2010, 02:28
I have received an email saying they want to set up interviews in a few months.
Does any one know about this lot?
I have heard rumors of random sacking and hiring at a whim.
what about rosters, maint, bases. T's & C's?

Mr. Benguhan sent the email. who is that?

TC-ET NOTHING
22nd Jan 2010, 08:19
Look, if you are smart, please dont come. Stay away from this Company. This people are not honest. Salary is low, bad conditions, you have to pay your own tickets back home, low standards, bad airplanes, days off are changed as they pleased, etc... Dear fellow, LOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE!
To be honest, I dont even know how Saudi Arabian A. havent find out how this wet lease company is being runned. This people are running an operation, by cheating as much as they can. Everyday we fix the block hours (I really mean CHEATING the block hours), so we extend the duty and Saudia pay's more due to the extra time. We hide maintenance books, we go below minimuns, we do a lot of illegal stuff around here.
Everyday we are very badly treated by Turkish people, who by the way dont know how to fly, brake the law and are very racist. No CRM, no English Communnication, low flying skills... Why would you want to join us? We are all looking for a job somewhere else, except the old people above 60 on the A330. We are looking for something at least " LEGAL " out there, but the market is down. Unless you want to work for a very dangerous airline, with a big chance of loosing their wet lease contract once Saudi Airline finds that we are doing a lot of illegal things around here, dont come. By the way, I almost forgot, if you think that the Chief Pilot is on your side, and that when he looks you in the eyes he is being honest? You are wrong! They lie to you as much as they can just to please you. B757 CP doent know any English, not to mention poor Standard. A330 CP only cares about him and his sideway business. They never really care about the fleet, but they are good friends with our CEO and FOD. Thats why they got this position.
Dont expect any bonus, salary increment or better conditions. There wont be anything for a a long time. You will work two times more then Turkish pilots do, and get the same salary as them (our perdiem is almost half of theirs, and we have to stay here 1 month, when they only have to come 15 days). You will have to learn Turkish to work, because half of this people, including our Chief pilot, doesnt speak English at all. Unless you are a rat, and be up on the 7th floor all the time (OPERATIONS AND CREW LOUNGE), you wont be upgraded, promoted to Instructor, and always have to fly the worst sectors. Both fleets are complaining about that. We are expecting an accident to happen any day soon. If it is not because of maintenance, it will be because of our Turkish friends. If somebody comes and check the way that this people fly, we would be grounded with no AOC.
This Airline could be a very pleasant Airline to work for. They have the money, and they have the right people to do it, but unfortunately they wont. And when you decide to leave, instead of them asking you why so, that they could improve the conditions and make them better, they will just try to block your exit to the new Company. It doesnt make any sense.
Why do you want to come? Stay out of this!

four engine jock
22nd Jan 2010, 09:40
If it’s so bad, why are you still there?????????

TC-ET NOTHING
22nd Jan 2010, 12:06
Why are we still here? Is it easy to find a job out there now? Is the market that good that you can turn down any job? Even this one? You really must be a joke! This week, we lost 2 more pilots. They were really tired of all of this, but they left only because they already had another job. Thats the only way of getting out of here. Everybody is applying somewhere else. We have bad conditions in ATLAS JET, but we are not stupid. We will leave as soon as we have a posiive answer, not before then. THIS IS NO JOKE!

Fubaliera
22nd Jan 2010, 12:27
I have flown with Turkish operator as well. Every said by TC is true, the problem is these second rate carriers get all the trash left over that didnt make it at turkish and all ex military .The turks in the aviation sector that I have met are arogant and ignorrant at the same time bad combo

GoForIt
22nd Jan 2010, 17:40
I was a captain at Atlasjet for about 3 months, and moved on to a "better" contract. It turned out to be a mistake, and I wish I'd stayed there. My experience at Atlasjet was only positive. They treated me well and kept all their promises to me. It is a captain's airline. I was a captain, and it makes a big difference. CRM is a new concept to the turks, so captains are treated royally and F/O's not so well. The CP was always fair and a straight shooter from my perspective. They are flexible with time off. You can work longer periods and then get more time off. It is true that you are on your own for tickets home. Pay is so-so, but they always paid on time. I had no safety concerns about equipment. I never had any problem communicating in English with my Turkish counterparts, but sometimes did with pilots of other nationalities.

I can tell you that if you're an F/O, this is probably not a good deal for you. They don't upgrade expats very often. Turkish F/O's do get upgraded. But I also know that there is good reason why some guys haven't been upgraded. I still have some friends there (captains), and although everyone is always looking for something better (I've yet to meet a contract pilot who isn't!), they are reasonably happy.

GoForIt

malinkijan
10th Feb 2010, 09:35
Attention

Reseved new information the conflict is finish. The charges where pulled back end of last week.

Thanks for your email MrMach...

I am not sure, but one of the chiefpilot (I think A330) is Capt. Afsin Yelok. He seams to be a very nice man. Futher is chief of operations, mister Ata.

But to be sure, just call Atlasjet and ask for them...

malinkijan

chuckunu
11th Mar 2010, 22:53
What is going On?
I heare that the Senior 330 mngar has left .
I also here there was bonus paid only to Turk pilots and they make more Perdiem in the same hotels as contract pilots.
I want to confirm this. rumors are free but I want facts.

X-BleedOpen
11th Mar 2010, 23:00
I suppose that they are recruiting on the 330 no? This interviews are for the big bus or for the little one?

chuckunu
12th Mar 2010, 11:52
I here at the rate pilots are leaving, Turkish also. they are hiring for 757 and 330. they want JAA, first then FAA then ICAO I was told. so good luck to anyone needing work I passed on the Assesment after hearing the conditions.
fly safe.
Regards
Chuckunu

EKBemused
12th Mar 2010, 12:14
Join Emirates,
They are desperate for pilots.
But I warn you it still is the middle east, or may I be more explicit.

alaska757
20th Mar 2010, 19:55
I dont think these were written here is correct. I agree with Goforit. Atlasjet Airlines is more safe and stabile company other most companies. I heard that TC-ET NOTHING has been upgraded to A330 fleet and he stopped making rumor about Atlasjet Airlines. I would like to recommend you not to believe rumors. Safe fly and always check six.

icemanalgeria
27th May 2010, 17:57
I have worked on many contracts through the years, I have seen good companies and bad ones too.

The feeling I get at Atlasjet is it's like going back in time, When the Airlines used to treat you with respect.

I sat down with a friend trying to find fault with the company and they only thing I could find was the weakness of the euro now, and I can't blame the company for that.

They are very flexible on your days off, the money arrives on time, the hotels are ok, the crew bus arrives ontime, the flights depart on time.

The DFO and the fleet manager are nice guys, and they do speak english.

What can I say, I'm happy here and not looking to move even though I have been offered contracts since joining closer to home.

GoForIt
26th Apr 2011, 14:27
They are advertising for Pilots again, both seat positions and both fleets.

Where are their bases now?
Are they still doing Saudi sub service?

GoForIt

pilot.777
17th Feb 2012, 13:37
Is any one doing line training with Atlas jet just now ? If so, What do you think a bout it ?

Many thanks.

lollo1753
18th Mar 2012, 18:37
Stay away from this company!!!! It's the worst place to do a line training...as said from the other they have very poor flight skills and technique, they don't know the aircraft, laws, English and Turkish people are very rude and racist.
The CRM doesn't exist in Turkey.
If you decide to come be ready to not learn anything about the aircraft only that they come from airforce...this is the only thing that you can learn here!!
There are a lot of other places if you want to pay your flight time, but try to find a place where you can learn something.

bob777
27th Oct 2015, 11:59
I suggest anyone to just stay away from Turkey aviation scene if anyway possible.

pilot freak
30th Mar 2018, 17:35
Any recent development in terms of FO recruitment with Atlas Global?

Winged Lion
2nd Apr 2018, 23:14
Any recent development in terms of FO recruitment with Atlas Global?

They are actually quitting a lot of scheduled flights starting this month (to Zurich for example) and reverting to a charter model. There are some rumours as well about a relocation to AYT from IST. So some things going on there but I just can not tell exactly what solely based on above information.

(By the way they are called Atlasglobal now. Moderators should consider changing topic title).