PDA

View Full Version : CPL (for IR/SE holders) with MEP rating

winguru
20th Jan 2010, 01:23
Hi, i created this thread i can receive more specific answers, and also for others in same situation.

Can a multi engine rating can be included as part of a CPL reduced course ( for IR/SE holders ).

Thank you :ok:

r1flyguy35
20th Jan 2010, 04:46
Refer to Lassors for your answer if you are JAA/UK licence. Your question does not read correctly so please check it

If you did you ME/IR in one go you can reduce the no. Of hours for your CPL course , is this what you are asking or are you after a ME/IR CPL ?

r1flyguy35
20th Jan 2010, 07:28
This really depends on your ability to pass the flight tests first time with no additional training requirements, hopefully you can.
Personally I went the ME/IR then I did the CPL Course which I found was easy afterwards and it can be done in a single with no restrictions imposed as long as you have done the IR part of the course in a multi.
It's swings and roundabouts as they say.
I did the whole of the CPL course in a complex single too but IIRC you can do part of it in a fixed u/c aircraft but I stand to be corrected.

I would contact prospective flight schools and ask for quotes both ways and see what works for you. Multi time is very important so that's another consideration for you.

Best of luck whatever you decide but LASSORS does have all the info it's the individual schools that will vary on the prices.

Word of warning DO NOT PAY UP FRONT, some recent posts have shown yet again how easy it is to become a victim of flight schools closing and all the money going with them

winguru
20th Jan 2010, 07:51
Finaly i found one way to do this cheap and still very good training.

IR / SEP
35 hrs ALSIM 200 FNPT2
15 hrs DA-40D w/ inst
1.5 H Flight Test IR SEP

«««« IR with SEP privileges and SEP rating »»»»

CPL licence/MEP rating (w/ IR skilltest previously pass)
10 hrs 152 VFR
8 hrs PA44 w/ inst
1.5 H Flight Test CPL + MEP rating

««««««CPL licence issued, now CPL MEP and IR with SEP privileges»»»»»

Multi Engine IR Conversion & DA42NG G1000 training
3 hrs ALSIM 200 FNPT2
2 hrs DA-42NG w/ inst
1 H Flight Test IR MEP

«««««CPL licence update, now CPL MEP and IR with SEP and MEP privileges»»

Rfortes
20th Jan 2010, 08:11
Hi Winguru
Or shall I say "Bom Dia..."
The difference of 15 and 25 CPL are the 10 hours instrument flying. Recovering from unsuall Attitudes. As long as you have the IR SE on your ICAO licence, than you should be able to claim.

Be aware that you will still have to do all the manouvers on your test. Your Instructor may want to see them before signing you off for the exam.

I would plan for the full course (28 hours), and then if you don't need to do those hours, great....

PM for more details (em portugues....)
Rfortes

winguru
20th Jan 2010, 08:24
Have ICAO PPL NIGHT, ATPL theory, and Hours

IR with SEP rating in »»»»»»»»»»DA40

CPL with MEP rating in »»»»»»»»»PA44 conventional multi

IR sep conversion to IR mep in »»»»»»»» DA42

Questions:
1 - CPL combined w/ MEP rating »»»» PA44
Of 8 hours how many do i do MEP/IFR flying, and what type of flying do i do in the 10hours in the Cessna?

3- after IR SEP to IR MEP conversion in DA42. Will i be allowed to fly the PA44 in IR, because im taking the SE IR to ME IR conversion course in a advanced systems?

Thank you

winguru
20th Jan 2010, 20:23
Enligten me please

If you have a ICAO PPL Night,

Can you do IR rating / SE rating training without having a JAA PPL, and go for skilltest, thus obtaining a IR rating and SE rating, that are not attached to nothing, just waiting to be attached to JAA CPL.

Benefit from 10 hours reduction, do a 15 h CPL with Initial MEP rating.

Now your first JAA licence is issued, has a CPL with IR rating, SEP rating and MEP rating.

madlandrover
20th Jan 2010, 20:37
On an aside: check the tech details of the DA42. It does have retractable gear, and is used for asymmetric training - it does not technically have autofeather, the props will only feather with the engine master off.

As regards going onto other twins for commercial ops: under JAR/EASA you would require differences training before flying a new type within the multi-engine class anyway, so doing it on the DA42 wouldn't be restrictive. Personally, I did a flight on a PA44 after my MECPL (DA42) to gain some 6 lever experience, and as part of my MEFI course I'm planning an hour or more on a PA34 to be able to teach on a few different types.

winguru
20th Jan 2010, 21:24
Thank you

I was kind of lost with DA42, but it doesnt have pitch/mix so can you tell me whats the engine out procedure.

I think i sould have CPL/MEP rating done also in DA42

About using DA42 for the 8 hours in CPL training and MEP rating, how many of theese towards the CPL and how many towards the MEP rating.

About the ME IR addon to SE IR, i think i should continue to do it in the DA42, because in 3 hrs FNPTII and 2 hours of flying i wont be abble to do it sucefully in the PA44 in order to pass the skilltest.

winguru
21st Jan 2010, 22:05
IR / SEP
35 hrs ALSIM 200 FNPT2
15 hrs DA-40D w/ inst
1.5 H Flight Test IR SEP

«««« IR with SEP privileges and SEP rating »»»»

CPL licence/MEP rating (w/ IR skilltest previously pass)
10 hrs DA20-C1 VFR
8 hrs DA42NG w/ inst
1.5 H Flight Test CPL + MEP rating

««««««CPL licence issued, now CPL MEP and IR with SEP privileges»»»»»

Multi Engine IR Conversion & DA42NG G1000 training
3 hrs ALSIM 200 FNPT2
2 hrs DA-42NG w/ inst
1 H Flight Test IR MEP

«««««CPL licence update, now CPL MEP and IR with SEP and MEP privileges»»

What do you think about this?

madlandrover
24th Jan 2010, 21:55
I was kind of lost with DA42, but it doesnt have pitch/mix so can you tell me whats the engine out procedure.

The engines are controlled from master switches on the ECUs - the engine out procedure is simply to turn the engine master off. Above 1300rpm the props will feather as a result. It's a misconception to say that they've got autofeather, since there is an action required from the pilot to initiate feathering.

About using DA42 for the 8 hours in CPL training and MEP rating, how many of theese towards the CPL and how many towards the MEP rating.

The 8 hours count towards both, which is why there are 2 extra hours over the basic requirements for the MEP rating. Your CPL test would also include the required items from the MEP test.