PDA

View Full Version : Disruption to Dublin, Cork & Shannon airports on Wednesday Jan 20th

wpJones
19th Jan 2010, 15:31
Strikes hit again....

Passengers using Dublin, Shannon and Cork airports face serious disruption tomorrow afternoon due to an industrial dispute involving
air traffic controllers. The Irish Aviation Authority has confirmed that the three airports will effectively shut down between 2pm and 6pm as
controllers attend mandatory union meetings. It will also affect flights through Irish airspace.

fimbles
19th Jan 2010, 17:56
Probably heard on the news what Spanish controllers are getting:ok:

Should have MOL's knickers in a twist at any rate!

Callsign Kilo
19th Jan 2010, 18:17
Should have MOL's knickers in a twist at any rate!

True enough, 48 flights already cancelled (so far!) by Ryanair. Not sure what other operators such as Aer Lingus, CityJet and Aer Arran have announced. FR website already supplies a link to IMPACT with a telephone number and email address in order for passengers to seek compensation. Not that I believe compensation can be achieved if a genuine industrial relations dispute has arisen. Still, typical Ryanair propaganda machine in overdrive. Expect to see MOL banging the drum on RTE and every Irish national paper about the IAA and Unions holding the fair paying public to ransom once again!

b8361811
19th Jan 2010, 20:22
Sidenote: Ryanair seems to have used a automated (probably web) translator to provide a german version of their cancellation announcement. Total garbage.

Just a spotter
19th Jan 2010, 20:41
Aer Lingus have cancelled 64 flights.

A question, if all IAA staff are out will that effect Shanwick services or is the action only targeting DUB, ORK and SNN?

JAS

positive
20th Jan 2010, 08:43
I'm afraid the Irish ATC controllers have little or no support among the Irish workers for their action today and also the IAA are just as bad by forcing the Impact union into this action shame on them both.

viper3
20th Jan 2010, 08:58
Which member of Ibec / Iaa management are you?
Gerry Ryan Irelands most "popular" radio host says they should get paid MORE:ok:

positive
20th Jan 2010, 09:08
the IAA are just as bad by forcing the Impact union into this action shame on them both.

Viper

I'm a member of the normal public who is caught up in this mess with a flight cancelled today and I never listen to Gerry Ryan either!

737-500
20th Jan 2010, 09:10
I'm afraid the Irish ATC controllers have little or no support among the Irish workers for their action today and also the IAA are just as bad by forcing the Impact union into this action shame on them both.

Well done positive i agree with you 100%. The IAA could have dealt with this much better and they should have seen this comming.

As for Gerry Ryan, he doesn't know his arse from his elbow. Joe Duffy is the man to listen to:}